Clinical Lab Scientist II (CLS)
Company: Family Health Centers of San Diego
Location: Imperial Beach
Posted on: November 26, 2022
For over 50 years, Family Health Centers of San Diego (FHCSD)
has provided affordable, high-quality health care and supportive
services to all San Diegans. With more than 2,500 employees spread
throughout more than 50 sites around the county, FHCSD is proud of
the diversity of its staff as a reflection of the communities it
serves.The reward of working at FHCSD is more than a paycheck and
excellent benefits; it is the impact and contribution to the San
Diego community that employees value most. If you are passionate
about improving the overall health and livelihood of your
community, FHCSD is looking for people like you.Family Health
Centers of San Diego is looking for a Clinical Lab Scientist to
conduct routine tests in clinical laboratories for use in treatment
and diagnosis of disease and performs related duties. At this
level, the CLS has knowledge of and ability to perform tests in 5 -
6 specialty areas.Responsibilities:
- Communicates effectively as part of the healthcare team;
notifies providers of panic values, ad on, or cancel test orders
within established timeframes or as requested by providers.
- Completes all required documentation accurately, in a timely
manner, and thoroughly in accordance with department standards; in
addition, ensures detailed record keeping of all tests performed
and reporting laboratory findings to all persons authorized to
receive such information.
- Completes proficiency testing and remedial actions for a
Certified State Agencies according to State/Federal
- Completes routine testing within 24 hours; completes stat
testing within 30 minutes.
- Prepares solutions, reagents, and stains, following standard
- Ensures effective Quality Control measures are maintained and
adheres to lab policies and procedures.
- Ensures the safe and appropriate storage and transportation of
specimens and cultures according to the Lab Procedures Manual.
- Follows laboratory safety per FHCSD chemical hygiene plan.
- Operates and maintains laboratory equipment and
- Troubleshoots testing, including identifying problems that may
adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results,
notifying technical supervisor and providers, and offering
- Performs other duties as assigned.Requirement:
- Bachelor's degree in biology, chemistry, microbiology, or other
heath related science field required with Medical Technology (MT)
- 5 years experience as a Medical Technologist/CLS required;
knowledge of 5 - 6 specialty areas.
- Certificate of Medical Technology (MT) required.
- Licensure as Clinical Laboratory Scientist by the state of
- Demonstrated expertise in 5 - 6 specialty areas with minimal
supervision needed to complete duties.Rewards:
- Job type: Regular Full Time
- Competitive Salary with Excellent Benefits
- Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off, Extended Sick Leave and Paid Holidays
- Medical/Dental/Vision/FSA/Life Insurance
- Employee Discounts and Wellness ProgramsFHCSD was founded by
community activists working towards a common goal: caring,
affordable, high-quality medical care for all. We are proud to
continue this mission today as we provide accessible services to
over 210,000 patients across San Diego County. The successful
candidate will have a demonstrated commitment to community medicine
and providing culturally competent care to the medically
Keywords: Family Health Centers of San Diego, San Diego , Clinical Lab Scientist II (CLS), Healthcare , Imperial Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!