Travel Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse
Location: San Diego
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Voca has immediate openings available for L&D RN professionals
in San Diego, CA !
1. Provides care to patient and family care that progresses them
towards self-identified, holistic, and individualized goals.
2. Performs nursing process through individualized assessment,
planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic,
efficient care for patients.
3. Promotes quality outcomes.
4. Collaborates or seeks additional resources as needed in the
management of complex, new/unusual, or other high-risk clinical
5. Serves as patient and family advocate in ensuring excellent and
*** Registry RN Discipline - Specific Responsibilities:
The Registered Nurse is the direct and indirect provider of safe
and therapeutic care for an assigned group of patients. Care is
individualized and age specific using the nursing process.
1. Assesses the need of patients and families
" Identifies and prioritizes overt and subtle patient and family
needs and goals
" Documents assessment data.
2. Develops a plan of action in concert with patient, family and
other healthcare team members.
" Uses the nursing process to safely and therapeutically care for
" Develops plan of care as evidenced by documentation (IPOC) and
includes patient/family and members of the healthcare team.
3. Implements and adapts the comprehensive, age/culturally
appropriate plans using nursing interventions with
" Implements plan of care. Seeks out resources when appropriate in
" Makes nursing decisions appropriate for plan of care in
accordance with compliance.
4. Evaluates patient's and family's progress towards goals and
determines the need to alter goals and interventions.
" Evaluates patient/family response to care in relation to intended
" Participates in patient care conferences.
" Documents patients' response to care.
5. Identifies and responds to patient/family educational needs
through an individualized educational plan
" Assesses learning needs including barriers/readiness, develops
plan and implements plan of care (IPOC & IPER) using appropriate
6. Evaluates patient and family learning through use of
adult-learning theory and revises plan as appropriate. (E.g.
documented in IPER, IPOC, discharge teaching, etc.)
7. Recognizes barriers to communication with the patient and family
and seeks interdisciplinary expertise to establish a therapeutic
" Analyzes socio-cultural variables to adapt nursing interventions
to meet diverse needs.
8. Serves as a patient advocate through encouraging patient and
family participation in decision-making and acting to uphold
9. Communicates patient and family care needs through documentation
per department /entity guideline of care and policies and
10. Delegates / assigns care to other healthcare team members which
is within their scope of practice/competency to perform.
11. Coordinates, integrates, and intervenes with other healthcare
team to impact well being of patient /family.
" Communicates with other healthcare team members to coordinate
patient care activities.
" Follows through with identified actions/referrals. Identifies and
communicates need for patient care conferences.
12. Communicates and coordinates with other members of the health
care team and ancillary staff to expedite patient progress and/or
CA RN License
Partnering with Voca comes with a number of benefits including:
Competitive, Flexible Pay Packages
Voca: The Spirit of Work
Keywords: Voca, San Diego , Travel Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse, Healthcare , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!