Telemedicine Specialist-RN (Remote Work)
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Location: San Diego
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Remote (Work from Home), Must live or be willing to relocate within
75 miles of San Diego
As the leader of the health care team, provides professional
nursing care, utilizin the nursing process in accordance with
established standards of care, policies and procedures.
Demonstrates performance consistent with the Medical Center Vision,
Mission and Strategic Plan of the organization. Remains flexible to
changing systems; is expected to demonstrate quality and
effectiveness in work habits and clinical pracice; and treats
co-workers, patients, families, and all members of the health care
team with dignity and respect.
* Handles continuous inbound telephone volume.
* Assesses and triages patients via telephone, follows.
* Nursing protocols, identifies patient needs and appropriately
advises physician of unusual circumstances/abnormal conditions.
* Collects data related to health history, using interviewing,
questioning and listening skills, and utilizes a computer system to
identify pertinent information.
* Implements care and/or initiate action in response to data
indicating potential/actual risk to patients health based on age
* Potential outcomes may include providing appropriate advice,
booking an appointment, typing a message to the provider or
consulting with a Call Center physician.
* Performs patient call-backs.
* Effectively uses computers and other technology systems to record
pertinent and provider data, interactions, interventions and
* Acts as a patient advocate; promotes patient self-efficacy
through preventative and health promotion information.
* Demonstrates an awareness of and sensitivity to patient/family
* Handles inquiries and complaints pursuant to procedure.
* Adheres to legal and ethical requirements and company policies
* Supports and demonstrates Kaiser Permanentes/Call Centers
customer service philosophy and manages calls in a professional,
systematic and organized manner.
* Functions as a team member to achieve Call Center goals and
* Maintains professionalism at all times.
* Performs other duties as required.
* KP OnCall: Minimum two (2) years recent (within the last four (4)
years) full-time equivalent experience in a call center, acute
care, or ambulatory setting.
* See Reference Materials below
* Graduate from accredited School of Nursing with RN degree.
License, Certification, Registration
* Registered Nurse License (California)
* Must obtain any required out of state RN licensure within six (6)
months of hire.
* Will be required to take and pass a call center simulation skills
* Knowledge of personal computer and operating systems, software
and mainframe systems.
* Ability to navigate between various software and mainframe
systems on a personal computer with an established operating
* Must have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal
communication skills, as well as demonstrated effective telephone
* Ability to perform multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced
* Must be able to work assigned shifts including weekend
* Ability to assess and triage patients via telephone, utilizing
questioning and listening skills, and ability to utilize nursing
judgment and follow nursing protocols in order to implement/direct
appropriate care for patient populations.
* Ability to perform job functions independently.
* Ability to use a computer terminal for extended periods of time
and wear a telephone headset for the majority of the work
* Must have excellent customer service skills.
* Must have excellent problem-solving capabilities.
* REQUIRED SKILLS TESTING:
* A Call Center simulation assessment will be conducted which will
evaluate the candidates ability to navigate through the program, to
perform keyboarding skills (alpha/numeric), and to multitask. This
assessment is required for all internal and external candidates.
The assessment may assist candidates in gaining a better
understanding of computer technology and production activity
related to the Advice RNs clinical role.
* In addition, candidates may gain an enhanced understanding of the
challenges of this role and of the operational needs of the
Appointment and Advice Call Center.
* OTHER: Sensitivity to workplace diversity and cultural
* Adheres to confidentiality policies.
* Must be service-oriented and maintain the highest level of
courtesy to patients, members, staff and co-workers.
* 4 of 5 weekdays and work every other weekend. Shifts beginning at
Primary Location: California,San Diego,Kaiser Permanente On Call @
Copley Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Sun, Mon,
Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat Working Hours Start: 10:00 AM Working Hours
End: 06:30 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee
Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: B13-AFSCME-UNAC
Job Level: Individual Contributor Department: KP On-Call @ Copley -
Appointment Svcs-Advice Nurse - 0801 Travel: No Kaiser Permanente
is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and
inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital
status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity,
veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing
characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected
Expected Employee Conduct >
Share This Job
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, San Diego , Telemedicine Specialist-RN (Remote Work), Healthcare , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!