Location: Spring Valley
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Under direct supervision of an RN or provider performs routine
patient care, excluding administration of IV medications and
venipuncture, following established policies, procedures and
standards; follows Quality of Service Standards; follows Universal
Precautions. -Essential Functions:
- May perform nursing care functions such as vital signs, removal
and/or application of dressings for assessment by licensed
- Cleaning or irrigating wound after provider's assessment and
instructions, shaving and skin preparation, ear washes, NG
insertion&lavage, urinary catheter
- Reinforce standardized self care procedures as directed by
- Recognizes and responds to acute emergency situation following
- Orients patients to system policies and practices.
- Provides appropriate instruction sheets based upon provider
- Reviews instruction sheet with patient.
- Administers medications, excluding IV medications, as ordered by
- Observes and documents patients' response to medications and
- May perform tuberculin, coccidioidin and histoplasmin skin tests,
provides such tests are part of a tuberculosis control program.
- May perform immunizations provides they are based upon written
- Completes necessary arrangements or organizes treatment rooms
prior to surgical and/or examination procedures by setting up or
laying out instruments, drapes and sponges contained in sterile
trays and assembling equipment items as required for particular
procedures as directed.
- May assist licensed provider with patient examinations and
treatments by positioning, restraining patients, and assisting as
- Provides assistance in treatment rooms during minor surgical
procedures and/or various diagnostic examinations by positioning
- May hold clamps or retractors, sponge vascular areas, and pass
instruments as specifically directed by the physician.
- Assures safety of patient during procedures.
- May prepare and transport items such as medical equipment and
- May clean and disinfect instruments/equipment according to
- Follows Universal Precautions. Reports incidents of failure to
follow procedures to Department Administrator or designee.
- Maintains departmental files, performing duties such as pulling
file and assembling forms prior to appointment, and filing returned
diagnostic reports as directed.
- Initiates and/or completes diagnostic rest forms per provider
order, telephones prescriptions to pharmacies, relays medical
information from physician to patient, and relays information from
patient to physician.
- Charts in patient's medical record as indicated.
- May perform lab tests including urine dip-tests, acetone tests,
hemoccult tests, tests to determine. PH, protein, PKU.
- May perform hearing and vision tests, glaucoma tests and visual
- Collects, by non-invasive and invasive techniques, and preserves
specimens for testing, including urine, and sputum and stool.
- Participates in Department Quality Assurance activities.
- Performs other duties, as required, such as checking patients'
medical records for incomplete data and relaying message to staff
- Note: Specific duties may vary depending on assignment.
- Note: Bold print indicates the differences between an
MAII&LVN.Basic Qualifications:Experience--- N/A.Education---
N/A.Licenses, Certifications, Registrations--- Current CA LVN
license and BLS certification. -Additional Requirements:--- Ability
to give and follow verbal and written instructions.--- Ability to
work effectively with the public.--- Demonstrated knowledge of
sterile technique.--- Consistently demonstrates the knowledge,
skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and
culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members, and to
customers, contracted providers, and vendors. -Preferred
Qualifications:--- N/A. -Notes:--- -Float position. --- -Be able to
do early, evening and weekend clinics. --- -Float to all OBGYN
locations, cross train to support OBG Sub-specialty clinics.Job
Schedule: Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, San Diego , LVN, Healthcare , Spring Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!