Licensed Vocational Nurse
Company: Staff Today Inc. (STI)
Location: Spring Valley
Posted on: January 25, 2023
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position to ensure that quality care is delivered through
monitoring of staff performance,
physician contact, care planning and daily resident observation.
This position also provides direct
care to residents. All this is done according to nursing standards
of practice, standard procedures,
and established State and Federal regulations for skilled nursing
NATURE AND SCOPE:
This position reports to the Registered Nurse - Staff. The position
supervises the non-professional
personnel assigned to the unit and provides direct care to
residents. In performance of duties, the
LPN/LVN is entrusted with the following responsibilities:
1. Assist routine daily direction and monitor the work of the
nursing assistants on the unit,
assuring a high standard of nursing care and satisfactory
completion of tasks.
2. Assist in the orientation of new LPN/LVNs and nursing assistants
and reinforce training
standards to maintain a high quality of care.
3. Provide explanation of nursing procedures and assistance to
staff to assure ongoing
understanding and training.
4. Communicate on a regular basis with the Nurse Manager or
Director of Nursing regarding
observations, and suggestions of problem areas, resident and
employee activities, concerns,
needs, conditions, etc.
5. Observe and evaluate residents' health, mental and emotional
conditions and communicate
significant changes to appropriate staff. When indicated is
responsible for notifying the
physician and family members according to prescribed
6. Provide direct patient care as appropriate including, but not
limited to, procedures such as
catheter placement and care, colostomy care, suction, dressings,
naso-gastric tubes and other
7. Participate in report at the beginning and end of shifts to
assure proper information about
residents is communicated.
8. Assist in the admission, orientation, and observation of new
residents, assure that physician
orders for diets, therapy, medication, etc. are transcribed and
communicated according to
9. Participate in resident care conferences, formation of the care
plan and goals and update
nursing care plans as appropriate.
Keywords: Staff Today Inc. (STI), San Diego , Licensed Vocational Nurse, Healthcare , Spring Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!