Registered Nurse - Perioperative / Operating Room (RN )
Company: J&M Business Solutions LLC
Location: San Diego
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Operating Room/Ambulatory Care/MedSurg opening in San Diego,
California. Be the Best! Join our team of exceptional health care
professionals across the nation. Come discover the immense pride
and job satisfaction Employees experience in providing care for our
Military Members, their Families and Retired Military Veterans!
Excellent Compensation & Exceptional Comprehensive Benefits!
Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Time, Paid Federal Holidays!
Medical/Dental/Vision, LTD/STD/Life and Health Savings Account
available! Annual CME Stipend and License/Certification
Reimbursement! Matching 401K!
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8-hour shift between 6:00am to
10:00pm. Job Specific Position Duties: The duties include, but are
not limited to the following:
- Independently plans, organizes, and implements nursing care in
the operating room. Assesses patients physical and emotional needs
and provides comfort measures and psychological support to the
patient and family members/significant others.
- Coordinates care and related administrative activities of the
patient with surgeons, anesthesia personnel, and surgical
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, and directs the work of the room
team members to ensure optimal patient care and effective
utilization of resources (personnel, supplies, and equipment).
- Verifies surgical site(s) and procedure(s) with the patient and
against the medical record. Reviews patient chart for
- Monitors and documents patient response to intervention(s).
Communicates and collaborates with care team, including Operating
Room and Anesthesia Department staff, regarding changes in patient
- Ensures strict adherence to aseptic and sterile technique and
ensures correct methods of sterilization and disinfection are used,
as appropriate, for materials being processed.
- Provide initial troubleshooting of complex surgical equipment
and immediately communicate with appropriate parties regarding any
issues they are unable to safely remedy.
- Upholds department and command policies while exercising
advanced professional nursing judgement to meet constantly changing
- Complies with infection prevention and control guidelines and
practices standard precautions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the Association of Perioperative
Registered Nurses (AORN) standards, recommended practices, and
guidelines as well as proficiency in the practice of the same.
- Maintain a level of productivity comparable with that of other
individuals performing similar services.
- Participate in peer review and performance improvement
- Practice aseptic techniques as necessary. Comply with infection
control guidelines to include the proper handling, storage, and
disposal of infectious wastes, and the use of universal precautions
to prevent the spread of infection.
- Function with an awareness and application of safety
- Perform efficiently in emergency patient situations following
established protocols, remaining calm, informing appropriate
persons, and documenting events. Anticipate potential
problems/emergencies and make appropriate interventions.
- Notify supervisor, director, or other designated person
regarding problems that the HCW is unable to manage.
- Apply an awareness of legal issues in all aspects of patient
care and strive to manage situations in a reduced risk manner.
- Participate in the implementation of the Family Advocacy
Program as directed. Participation shall include, but not be
limited to, appropriate medical examination, documentation, and
- Exercise awareness and sensitivity to patient/significant
others' rights, as identified within the MTF.
- Maintain an awareness of responsibility and accountability for
own professional practice.
- Participate in continuing education to meet own professional
- Attend and/or comply with all annual training classes required
by the Command, to include but not limited to online annual
training provided by the MTF: disaster training, infection control,
Sexual Harassment, Bloodborne Pathogens, Fire and Safety, Chemical,
Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and Explosives (CBRNE), and all
other required training.
- Actively participate in the command s Performance Improvement
Program. Participate in meetings to review and evaluate the care
provided to patients, identify opportunities to improve the care
delivered, and recommend corrective action when problems
- Participate in the provision of in-service training to clinic
staff members. Provide training and/or clinical direction as
applicable to supporting government employees (e.g., hospital
corpsmen, students, etc.).
- Attend and participate in various meetings as directed.
- Perform timely, accurate, and concise documentation of patient
- Operate and manipulate automated systems such as CHCS, AHLTA,
ADS, Essentris, MHS Genesis, and Clinical Information System (CIS),
participate in clinical staff Performance Improvement (PI) and Risk
Management (RM) functions, as prescribed by the Commander. Maintain
DHA/DOD email account as directed. The HCW shall be responsive to
all email and voicemail communications.
- Exercise appropriate clinical delegation of tasks and duties in
the direction and coordination of health care team members, patient
care, and clinic activities.
- Maintain documentation of all treatment provided in accordance
with clinic directives and prepare such records and reports as may
be required. All records and reports must be legible. Abbreviations
must be only those listed in local instructions.
Minimum Qualifications: Education: Possess a Baccalaureate Degree
in Nursing, a Graduate Diploma in Nursing, or an Associate Degree
in Nursing, from an accredited agency such as the Accreditation
Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or the Commission on
Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
Experience: Possess a minimum of two (2) years experience as a
Perioperative RN within the last three (3) years. The minimum of 2
years experience would ideally be comprised of greater than 50% in
the role of circulating RN. Scrub RN experience is not essential.
Licensure: Possess and maintain a current unrestricted license to
practice as a registered nurse in any of the 50 States, the
District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the
U.S. Virgin Islands. Life Support Certifications:
Keywords: J&M Business Solutions LLC, San Diego , Registered Nurse - Perioperative / Operating Room (RN ), Healthcare , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!