Company: San Diego Internal Medicine Associates
Location: San Diego
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Internal Medicine opening in San Diego, California. This and
other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe
The Doctor of Medicine will provide a high level of customer
service in a manner consistent with our mission and goals in a
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completes all required documentation accurately, timely and
thoroughly in accordance with department standards and to comply
with electronic medical record requirements, including medication
reconciliation, finalizing notes, clearing out personal tasks, and
participating in clinic tasks.
- Follows SDHAI policies and procedures, including (but not
limited to), cooperating with the timely submission of
credentialing and licensing paperwork; maintaining BLS
certification; maintaining CME units based on the requirements of
the specifying Board; attending all mandatory meetings.
- Maintain SDHAI behavioral standards, including (but not limited
to), attendance, promptness, effective listening and communication
skills and respectful interactions with colleagues and patients and
- Participate and work towards meeting organizational targets for
- Participates in administrative duties, including lab reports,
charts, and medication refills reviewed and managed
- Administers and orders diagnostic tests such as x-rays,
electrocardiograms, and blood work, and interprets test
- Performs therapeutic procedures such as immunizations,
injections, suturing and wound care, and managing
- Exercises professional judgment regarding
- Develops and implements patient care plans, instructs and
counsels patients, and records progress.
- Prescribes medications to the extent allowable by state
- Maintains the strictest confidentiality in accordance with all
relevant HIPAA rules/regulations and office policy and
- Attends training, meetings, and courses as required
- Other duties or special projects as assigned.
Must possess current health records with the appropriate
immunizations to work in the health care field.
- Medical degree (M.D. or D.O.)
- California license to practice medicine
- Board certification or eligibility in internal medicine,
pediatrics, or family medicine.
- DEA registration
- BLS certification
- Continued employment requires 100 hours of continuing medical
education every two years and passing a recertification examination
every six years.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English a plus.
- Knowledge of Hospital guidelines and policies &
- Knowledge of medical terminology and organization services.
- Familiarity with advancements in medical technology and current
- Excellent ability to provide written and verbal
- Intermediate to advanced phone skills; able to effectively
relate via the telephone and in-person to serve the needs of
patients/clients/visitors in a manner that is efficient and
- Skilled in prioritizing, time management and attention to
- Excellent emotional coping skills, adequate to confront
difficult emotional situations and emotional responses of
- Demonstrated competency dealing with all age groups including
neonates, infants, children, adolescents, adults, and geriatric
- Giving full attention to what other people say, taking time to
understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate,
and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and as
part of a team, in collaborative settings, required
- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related
- Ability to critically think, process complex information,
research, and resolve issues to ensure care coordination.
- Ability to speak clearly and loudly enough to be heard by
- Prioritization and coordinate work activities.
- Demonstrated ability to build the trust and respect of
patients, staff, colleagues and external contacts.
- Ability to work at a high professional level, including
self-motivation and self-discipline, assuring that work is
completed accurately, efficiently and without significant
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Prolonged periods of standing, walking, and moving. Must be able to
lift 50 pounds at times.
Frequent exposure to chemicals, bloodborne pathogens, and patient
body fluids. Requires adequate hearing & vision.
Keyphrases: internal medicine jobs, internal emergency medicine
jobs, internal medicine specialist jobs, internal medicine critical
care jobs, internal medicine geriatrics jobs, internal medicine
pediatrics jobs, pediatric internal medicine jobs
Keywords: San Diego Internal Medicine Associates, San Diego , Hospitalist, Healthcare , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!