Associate Therapist-Psychosocial Counselor
Location: San Diego
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Provides comprehensive, professional biopsychosocial services to
patients and their families. Provides assessment, coordination, and
implementation/evaluation of services in order to aid patients and
their families in coping with biopsychosocial problems as well as
economic difficulties related to medical problems.Essential
- Provides quality services by assessing patient/family needs.
Develops and implements an appropriate treatment plan in accordance
with departmental and medical center policies and in compliance
with standards and regulations.
- Provides management of all onsite psychiatric emergencies
and/or crisis intervention/treatment to adults, children and
families. Provides a professional interpretation of patients
condition and recommends appropriate psychosocial interventions,
treatment plan and/or referral information
- Reviews medical status of patients including history and
current medications as appropriate.
- Provides education to health plan providers and members on
subjects related to psychosocial issues, individually, in classes
- Performs relevant patient and family advocacy services within
KP and the community
- Represents the department in appropriate medical center and/or
community meetings. Identifies improvement opportunities to the
department or work area.Basic Qualifications:Experience
- One-year--supervised field experience in a clinical setting
required.For Hospice and Palliative positions:
- California Driver's--License required for Hospice and
Palliative Care positions.
- Must be able to master detailed and complex information
regarding benefits and coordination of care.For Psychiatry
- Knowledge of psychodynamics, psychotherapy and psychotropic
medications and indications for psychiatric hospitalization.
- Assessment skills, ability to define appropriate course of
treatment and implementation.--Education
- Master's--degree in a Social Work, Psychology, Sociology or
other field related to behavioral health required.--License,
- Registered Associate Clinical Social Worker (California) OR
Associate Professional Clinical Counselor Registration (California)
OR Associate Marriage and Family Therapist (California)--Additional
- Once hired as an Associate, an employee will be offered and
must work a schedule that would accumulate at least half the
required supervisory hours annually.
- Upon completion of supervised hours, the employee must obtain
state licensure within two and one-half (2.5) years. If hired as a
license-eligible employee (i.e.,--has completed all clinical
hours), the employee has two and one-half (2.5) years from their
date of hire to complete state licensure.--Preferred
- One-year experience in a health care environment preferred. For
Hospice and Palliative positions: One year experience providing
direct service in medical or home care related setting-MSW
- This position could be assigned to work at any San Diego Mental
Health location, which will be determined upon hire.Job Schedule:
Job Category: Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual
Keywords: Kaiser, San Diego , Associate Therapist-Psychosocial Counselor, Healthcare , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...