Psychiatric Social Clinician II - Per Diem
Location: San Diego
Posted on: March 18, 2023
The Psychosocial Clinician II is a member of an
interdisciplinary team who provides direct assessment, diagnosis
formulation, treatment planning, treatment intervention and
psycho-education to members and/or family members. The majority of
the position will be spent in direct patient care.
- Provides timely and appropriate assessment, diagnosis,
treatment planning and treatment intervention of members.
- Provides treatment to adults, adolescents and/or children.
- Provides appropriate selection of treatment modality to members
- Demonstrates expertise in a variety of treatment
- Effectively communicates clinical material to member and
clinical staff and provides high internal and external
- Provides appropriate and timely documentation of clinical
encounters in members charts.
- Conduct initial interview with Members by eliciting and
interpreting the psychological and social meaning of
- Determines urgency of members need.
- Provides a professional interpretation of members presentation
and recommends a course of therapeutic action, selects appropriate
- Renders appropriate and immediate guidance & therapy for
members in crisis or in need of clinical services.
- Maintains written record of therapy, prepares reports and
letter; phones, writes and visits (with member permission) social
agencies, schools relatives, friends to obtain pertinent
- Provides clinical consultation in an integrated health care
environment regarding family interactions, sociocultural
determinants and community resources.
- Provides telephone assessment, counseling, resource information
- Knowledgeable of KP and community resources.
- Proficient in identifying and treating the span of
- Proficient in various treatment modalities including, but not
limited to individual, group family & child therapy.
- Complies with organizational, departmental, state/federal
guidelines & all regulatory agency policies and procedures.
- Adheres to all mandated guidelines for patients clinical care
- Maintains license.
- Participates in QM & CQI activities.
EOL (End of Life Option):
- Regulatory data reporting, process coordination, assist
Members/Physicians with California End of Life Option Act.
- Two (2) years of post graduate experience in a clinical setting
- Medical Social Worker - End of Life Option: If position posted
is for an End of Life role, experience requirement is: Minimum one
(1) year of experience, within the last three (3) years, working as
a MSW in end of life care and counseling.
- Masters degree in a Social Work, Psychology, Sociology or other
field related to behavioral health required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (California) OR
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (California) OR Licensed Marriage
and Family Therapist (California)
- National Provider Identifier
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize current DSM nomenclature
- Consistently demonstrates the knowledge, skills, abilities, and
behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive
service to each other, to our members, and to customers, contracted
providers, and vendors.
- Must be familiar with all aspects of psychopathology and
recognize the appropriate and timely clinical treatment
- Must be familiar with and have expertise in a variety of
- May consider LMFT, with a Masters Degree in a Behavioral Health
field, job code 66564 for this position.Following language applies
to Home Health, Hospice and Palliative positions ONLY:Current CA
Drivers License, clear driving record for the past two (2) years
and proof of automobile insurance as required by law.
- AHA BLS card required.
- LCSW required.
- Following language applies to End of Life Option positions
- Current CA Drivers License, clear driving record for the past
two (2) years and proof of automobile insurance as required by
- This position could be assigned to work at any San Diego Mental
Health location, which will be determined upon hire.
Job Category: Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual
Keywords: Kaiser, San Diego , Psychiatric Social Clinician II - Per Diem, Healthcare , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...