Company: RR Health Choice
Location: Lemon Grove
Posted on: March 20, 2023
The primary purpose of your job position is to plan, organize, develop, and direct our facility's
Physical Therapy Services in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local
standards, guidelines and regulations, and as may be directed by the administrator, to assure that
the highest degree of quality resident care can be maintained at all times.
1. Must possess, as a minimum a Bachelor's Degree in Physical Therapy from an accredited
college or university.
2. Must possess a current, unencumbered license to practice as a Physical Therapist in the
State of California.
3. Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the
age-related needs of the residents served.
4. Must be knowledgeable of physical therapy procedures.
1. Must have as a minimum one (1) year, experience in a physical therapist capacity in a
hospital, SNF, or other related medical facility.
2. Must have training in rehabilitative and restorative therapy practices.
Job may require considerable physical effort most of the day including kneeling, squatting,
reaching, twisting, climbing, walking, exposure to temperature and humidity changes and
maximal assist in lifting and/or transferring of a 100 pound patient. Must be able to push, pull,
move, and/or lift a minimum of 25 pounds to a minimum height of 5 feet and be able to push, pull, move,
and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet. It may be necessary to assist in the
evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
Must possess sight/hearing senses or use appropriate adaptive devices that will enable senses to
function at a level required to meet the essential duties of the position.
Must be able to work independently, make judgments based on assessments and data available
and act accordingly. Must be flexible, innovative and possess good interpersonal skills. Must be
able to cope with mental and emotional stress and demonstrate emotional stability.
Working Conditions: Be able to tolerate exposure to elements including, but not limited to, odors, blood, body fluids
and excrements, adverse environmental conditions and hazardous materials.
1. Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate, and direct our physical therapy services, as
well as its programs and activities, in accordance with current rules, regulations, and
guidelines that govern nursing care facilities.
2. Meet with administration, medical and nursing staff, as well as other related departments in
planning therapy services.
3. Develop and maintain physical therapy standards.4. Assist in standardizing the methods in which physical therapy will be accomplished.
5. Participate in discharge planning, development and implementation of resident care plans,
resident assessments, etc., as necessary.
6. Assist the Quality Assessment and Assurance Coordinator in developing, implementing,
and maintaining an ongoing quality assurance program for physical therapy services.
7. Assume the authority, responsibility and accountability of directing the physical therapy
8. Maintain treatment records, resident files, and progress notes as required.
9. Serve on, participate in, and/or attend various committees of the facility as required.
10. Evaluate and implement recommendations from established committees as they may
pertain to physical therapy services.
11. Determine the staffing needs of the physical therapy department necessary to meet the
needs of the residents.
12. Provide guidance and training for new and/or less experienced personnel.
13. Review request for physical therapy and physicians' orders.
14. Evaluate type of therapy most desirable after consulting with physician.
15. Participate in the development and implementation of resident assessments and care plans,
including quarterly reviews.
16. Demonstrate to residents and staff personnel, as necessary, the use of medical appliances
involved in physical therapy (e.g., wheelchairs, crutches, canes, braces, and prosthetic
appliances and devices).
17. Perform physical therapy in resident's room as necessary.
18. Prepare resident for treatment by dress/position and administer physical therapy in
accordance with established policies and procedures.
19. Ensure that all therapist notes are informative and descriptive of the care provided and of
the resident's response to the care.
20. Review the physical therapy requirements of each resident admitted to the facility and
assist the attending physician in planning for the resident's care.
21. Involve the resident/family in planning objectives and goals for the resident.
22. Ensure that physical therapy treatments are indicated on the care plan.
, La Mesa, San Diego, Escondido, Encinitas, Del Mar, La Jolla, Chula Vista, El Cajon, Santee, Oceanside, National City, Lakeside, Lemon Grove, Imperial Beach, Spring Valley, Rancho San Diego, Alpine, Mount Helix, Coronado, San Marco, Julian, Valley Center, Borrego Springs, Bonsall, Campo, Descanso, Pine Valley, Lake San Marcos, La Presa, Winter Gardens, Tecate, Hidden Meadows, Crest, Granite Hills, Pacific Beach, Bankers Hills, Carmel Valley, North County, East County, Mission Hills, Hillcrest, Little Italy, Gaslamp, East Village, Ocean Beach, Point Loma, Normal Heights, North Park, South Park
Associated topics: clinician, inpatient, movement disorder, movement therapist, physical, physical therapy, rehab, therapist, therapist assistant, therapist outpatient
Keywords: RR Health Choice, San Diego , Physical Therapist-PT, Healthcare , Lemon Grove, California
here to apply!