Pelvic Floor Physical Therapist- PD
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Responsible for the physical therapy management of patients.
Will report to Director, Assistant Director and/or Clinical
- Evaluates patients and interprets examination findings to
determine the nature and extent of dysfunction relative to persons
limited by medical problems, birth defects, or health related
conditions to restore their abilities to move and perform
functional activities in their daily lives. Performs clinical
testing to determine muscle strength, reflexes, sensation,
coordination, range of motion, and other sensory motor skills while
performing clinical analysis and treatment of postural, gait, and
- Establishes plan of care to achieve established goals relative
to age, medical history and dysfunction.
- Administers or prescribes modalities and other physical
- Administers or prescribes exercise programs/development of
patient care programs.
- Demonstrates professional competence and clinical reasoning in
assessing patient's condition at the onset and through all phases
of skilled physical therapy.
- Routinely takes usual and special precautions relative to the
age, medical history and condition of the patient, and the type of
treatment being given.
- Regularly reassesses clinical signs and symptoms to determine
effectiveness of treatment, progression towards goals, and the need
for modification of treatment and/or goals.
- Implements the treatment program through direct treatment of
- May delegate a portion of the treatment plan to appropriate
- Coordinates the treatment plan and participates in discharge
planning with other health care personnel as appropriate.
- May participate in relevant patient care rounds and case
- Provides advice and education to patient and family.
- Discharges patients from physical therapy services when skilled
therapy is no longer medically necessary and when clinically
- Upholds Kaiser Permanente's Policies and Procedures, Principles
of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local
- Follows department guidelines on cleanliness of assigned areas
and reports non-functioning of patient care equipment by following
department equipment maintenance policies and procedures.
- Provides accurate and timely documentation of physical therapy
services provided per State and Federal requirements and relevant
medical group policies and guidelines.
- Works in partnership with Management to complete all mandatory
- May be required to be trained to cover a diverse population of
patients depending on local medical center need.
- May be involved in the clinical competency of PT Assistants and
- Adequately supervises PT assistants and PT aides when patient
related and non-patient related tasks are delegated to them.
- Demonstrates internal and external customer service at all
times and behaves in accordance with Principles of
- Completion of an accredited PT training program with a
Bachelor's, Master's, or Doctorate degree in Physical
Therapy.License, Certification, Registration
- Current CA Physical Therapist License Or: License eligibility
letter prior to first day of employment:
- American Heart Association approved BLS required prior to first
day of employment.
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) required prior to first day
of employment. -Additional Requirements:
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- If CA PT License Applicant (PTLA) or PT Aide Letter recipient:
licensing exam must be passed within (120) days from letter date.
- Member APTANotes:
- Flexible start/end time 8 or 10hr shift.
- Schedule may change based on operational need.PrimaryLocation :
California,San Marcos,San Marcos Medical Offices 1HoursPerWeek :
1Shift : DayWorkdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat,
SunWorkingHoursStart : 07:30 AMWorkingHoursEnd : 06:00 PMJob
Schedule : Per DiemJob Type : StandardEmployee Status :
RegularEmployee Group/Union Affiliation : B24-AFSCME-United
Therapists of So CalJob Level : Individual ContributorJob Category
: Rehab ServicesDepartment : San Marcos Outpatient Med Cntr -
Physical Therapy-Regular Clin - 0806Travel : Yes, 20 % of the
TimeKaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to
a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser, San Diego , Pelvic Floor Physical Therapist- PD, Healthcare , Bonsall, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...