Psychiatric Technician (PSYCH TECH) - San Diego, CA
Company: Matrix Providers
Location: San Diego
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Matrix Providers - Caring for America's military family. - Not
just leading the way, but leading the industry. Your success is our
business. Matrix Providers is hiring a Psychiatric -Technician - to
join our team of talented professionals who provide healthcare
services to our Military Service Members and their families at the
- Naval Medical Center in San Diego, CA.
- Employment Status: - Full Time
- Compensation: This is an hourly position paid at a rate of
$29.00 per hour. -
- Schedule: - Monday through Friday, between the hours of 6:30 am
and 7:30 pm, for either an 8-hour or 12-hour shift. Hours worked
are not to exceed 80 hrs within a 2-week period.
- Benefits: Competitive financial package with a comprehensive
insurance package including health, dental, vision, and life
- Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plan
Requirements: The Psychiatric -Technician - must have and meet the
- Degree: Possess and maintain a current, unrestricted license to
practice as a Psychiatric Technician in any one of the 50 States,
the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or
the U.S. Virgin Islands - OR - Possess at least a level one
national Psychiatric Technician certification or equivalent OR
Possess and maintain a current, unrestricted license to practice as
a Licensed Practical Nurse/ Licensed Vocational Nurse (LPN/LVN) in
any one of the 50 States, the District of Columbia, the
Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands. LPN
candidates are subject to credentialing.
- Education: Graduation from an accredited Psychiatric Technician
Program; or completion of equivalent education and experience that
meets the requirement of the American Association of Psychiatric
Technicians (AAPT) or completion of education and experience as a
behavioral science specialist/technician in the United States
military and proof of having completed an Armed Forces course
involving psychiatric technician training or civilian course from
an accredited school in the care of behavioral health
- Experience: Have a minimum of 12 months of experience within
the last 18 months as a Psychiatric Technician or LPN/LVN providing
care in a mental healthcare setting. Job Summary:
- Conduct or assist in the treatment and rehabilitation of
patients. Perform initial basic assessment procedures including
standardized psychological testing, clinical interviewing, mental
status examinations, substance abuse evaluations, and psychological
and nursing assessments.
- Identify mental health and nursing diagnoses, and provide
- Observe, monitor, record, and report the patient's
- Conduct or assist in conducting group and individual
counseling, therapeutic community, and other related milieu
- Institute precautionary measures to prevent patient injury or
- Assist patients with nutritional, hygiene, and comfort
- Obtain and record vital signs.
- Coordinate with other agencies regarding specified care,
rehabilitation, and administrative functions. Contact military and
community agencies to obtain collateral information. Explain and
interpret mental health services to patients or others.
- Assist in, or arrange patient referrals to public, private, and
military community agencies.
- Prepare and maintain records and reports pertaining to
- Assist with the care of individuals experiencing acute and
post-traumatic stress reactions.
- Prepare and maintain treatment records. Matrix Providers is an
equal-opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, or protected veteran status. For our - EEO Policy
Statement , please see - To learn more about our - Benefits
Packages , please see Matrix Providers endeavors to make accessible
to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the
accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the
application process, please get in touch with our Recruiting
Hotline Number, 1-877-807-8277, TTY LINE, 385-722-8109. This
contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot
be used to inquire about the status of applications. #INDAH
Keywords: Matrix Providers, San Diego , Psychiatric Technician (PSYCH TECH) - San Diego, CA, Healthcare , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...