Senior Manager, Medical Information, and Review
Company: ACADIA Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Location: San Diego
Posted on: February 9, 2024
Senior Manager, Medical Information, and ReviewThis position
will serve as an integral member of Medical information (MI) and
Medical Review (MLR/MRC) teams responsible for medical accuracy
review as part of the Promotional Review Committee and Medical
Review Committee, the support of the Medical Information Call
Center (MICC), including the development and maintenance of MI
content, as well as operational and scientific support for key
strategic Medical Affairs initiatives.Primary Responsibilities
- Participates in the review of promotional and medical materials
to ensure medical accuracy.
- Maintains an understanding of product knowledge and labeling,
associated disease states, relevant literature, treatment
guidelines, competitor information, and marketing strategies and
tactics for assigned therapeutic area(s).
- Critically evaluates literature, interprets complex data,
writes efficiently, and communicates recommendations to
counterparts from cross-divisional functional areas.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with internal collaborators,
including MSL field directors, training, medical information,
publications, HEOR, clinical development, and pharmacovigilance to
identify, develop, and review scientific content for external use
by Medical Affairs.
- Develops and manages a Medical Reference Library as well as a
Medical digital asset management system to ensure references are
up-to-date and linked to materials as appropriate.
- Develops MI content, including verbal responses (FAQs) and
standard response letters (SRLs) to be used by the MICC and Medical
- Leads the development of custom responses for specific requests
that require escalated attention.
- Ensure the responses to inquiries are provided in an accurate
and timely manner.
- Develops Medical Information reports to assist with identifying
data gaps and communicating key performance indicators.
- Monitors the Medical Information and Medical Affairs inbox for
- Provides support for compendia updates.
- Other duties as assignedEducation/Experience/Skills
- Requires a PharmD or advanced degree in a scientific subject
- Targeting 3+ years' progressively responsible experience in the
pharmaceutical industry in medical affairs, medical communications,
medical information, scientific affairs, or similar area, or
completion of a pharmaceutical industry fellowship. Previous
experience in neurology, psychiatry and/or rare disease
- An equivalent combination of relevant education and experience
may be considered.
- Understanding of the US healthcare environment, FDA and other
federal regulations, and ethical guidelines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability
to handle information flow among a variety of partners.
- Ability to run multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to promote team cooperation and a dedication to team
- Self-directed with sense of urgency with commitment to tasks at
- Ability to build and sustain trusted relationships both
internally and externally.Physical RequirementsWhile performing the
duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand;
walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands
and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, see, talk or hear
in a standard office environment and independently from remote
locations. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20
pounds. Ability to travel independently overnight and work after
hours if required by travel schedule or business issues. In
addition to a competitive base salary, this position is also
eligible for discretionary bonus and equity awards based on factors
such as individual and organizational performance. Actual amounts
will vary depending on experience, performance, and location.
Salary Range $126,000 - $157,300 USD What we offer you (US-Based
- Competitive base, bonus, new hire and ongoing equity
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) Plan with a fully vested company match 1:1 up to 5%
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with a 2-year purchase price
- 14 paid holidays plus one floating holiday of your choice,
including office closure between December 24th and January 1st
- 10 days of paid sick time
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition assistanceEEO Statement (US-Based Employees):Studies
have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply
for jobs unless they believe they meet every single one of the
qualifications in the exact way they are described in job postings.
We are committed to building a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and
innovative company and we are looking for the BEST candidate for
the job. That candidate may be one who comes from a less
traditional background or may meet the qualifications in a
different way. We would strongly encourage you to apply -
especially if the reason you are the best candidate isn't exactly
as we describe it here.It is the policy of Acadia to provide equal
employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants
without regard to considerations of race, including related to
hairstyle, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation,
gender, gender identity, gender expression, gender transition,
country of origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental
disability, genetic information, legally-protected medical
condition or information, marital status, domestic partner status,
family care status, military caregiver status, veteran or military
status (including reserve status, National Guard status, and
military service or obligation), status as a victim of domestic
violence, sexual assault or stalking, enrollment in a public
assistance program, or any basis protected under federal, state or
local law.As an equal opportunity employer, Acadia is committed to
a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a
disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a
reasonable accommodation. Furthermore, you may request additional
support if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or
access Acadia's career website due to your disability, along with
any accommodations throughout the interview process. To request or
inquire about your reasonable accommodation, please complete
ourReasonable Accommodation Request Form or contact us
email@example.com or 858-261-2923 .Please note
that reasonable accommodations granted throughout the recruiting
process are not guaranteed to be the same accommodation given if
hired. A new request will need to be submitted for any ADA
accommodations after starting employment.Notice to Search
Firms/Third-Party Recruitment Agencies (Recruiters): The Talent
Acquisition team manages the recruitment and employment process for
Acadia Pharmaceuticals Inc. ("Acadia"). Acadia does not accept
resumes from recruiters or search firms without an executed search
agreement in place. Resumes sent to Acadia employees in absence of
an executed search agreement will not obligate Acadia in any way
with the respect to the future employment of those individuals or
potential remuneration to any recruiter or search firm. Candidates
should never be submitted directly to our hiring managers or
Keywords: ACADIA Pharmaceuticals Inc., San Diego , Senior Manager, Medical Information, and Review, Healthcare , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!