Healthcare Clerk (CLR)
Company: FEDERAL STAFFING RESOURCES
Location: San Diego
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Health Services Administrator/Management opening in San Diego, California. This and other administrative/education jobs brought to you by AlliedHealthJobCafe.com Healthcare Clerk (CLR) job in San Diego, California. The Healthcare Clerk job is at the Naval Medical Center San Diego in Balboa Park. The center provides primary care and speciality care services in a patient-centered environment to active duty service members, military retirees, and their families. This is a civilian position. Civilian and military personnel work together in the hospitals. The position title is Clear and Legible Reporting Clerk (CLR). It is a wonderful opportunity to work in a fantastic medical system.Healthcare Clerk Job Hightlights:
- Days only
- Full-time hours (40)
- PTO and paid Sick Hours
- Benefits (health, dental, and vision)
- Opportunity to work with the military The Healthcare Clerk Job Overview:
- Service patient appointing, customer service, and other administrative support services.
- Use of various software applications to record, retrieve, correct, merge, query or print data and reports.
- Research, process, upload into HAIMS, and forward to the referring provider/ Primary Care Manager (PCM) for review.
- Complete routine data preparation, distribution and file maintenance.
- Process patient information into data systems, process, scan and perform online edits during the patient check-in.
- Perform data entry, verification, updates, and editing of patient data and register new patients as required.
- Book patient appointments in compliance with TRICARE business practices
- Schedule of appointment procedures applying "Access to Care" policies.
- Provide back-up appointing services as needed by entering patient appointments taken from patient incoming telephone calls, and by providing a written or typed patient registration/clinical information form.
- Maintain logs and files in conjunction with the patient appointment process.
- Assist nursing staff by replying to telephone consults and contacting patients for preventative medicine and chronic disease management reminders.
- Input order request for laboratory, radiology and electrocardiogram tests into the automated system when received and upon receipt use automated modules to enter requests per provider's diagnosis.
- Verify previous day appointments have been cleared in the system at the beginning of each workday.
- Provide daily job status report, which will reflect the number and type of jobs backlogged each day, incomplete activity, and status of special interest jobs by end of shift daily. Healthcare Clerk Job Qualifications:
- 1 year experience: medical administrative support services, medical office management, medical front desk operations, medical records administrative, and/or referral processing, tracking and closure.
- 1 year experience interpreting coding records (ICD-9)
- U.S. Citizen
- High School diploma or GED certificate
- Skilled in Word, Excel, Access, and other software programs
- Knowledge of TRICARE administration, preferred
Keywords: FEDERAL STAFFING RESOURCES, San Diego , Healthcare Clerk (CLR), Healthcare , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!