PRN Radiation Therapist
Location: Chula Vista
Posted on: July 15, 2019
Job Purpose: PRN Radiation Therapist responsible for administering
prescribed doses of radiation to specific body parts, using
radiation therapy equipment according to established practices and
standards. Essential Functions:
- Administer radiation therapy as prescribed by the
- Verify prescribed treatment dose before each treatment; verify
fields to be treated, and angles to be used.
- Assure placement of protective devices in order to shield
otherwise healthy exposed tissue of patients.
- Simulates patients using simulator, CT scanner or other devices
to accurately localize treatment areas.
- Display professional conduct essential to the well being of the
radiation oncology patient.
- Maintain accurate and detailed treatment chart
- Observe the clinical progress of the patient, use clinical
decision making skills to recognize and report any signs of
- Adhere to radiation safety procedure protocol.
- Perform machine safety checks; know safe limits of equipment
operations, and report abnormalities or inconsistencies to the
- Work closely with the Radiation Oncologist and the therapy team
in the preparation of a treatment plan.
- Adhere to the Radiation Therapist Code of Ethics.
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- Ability to be on call.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
- Ensures that all processing and reporting deadlines are
- Perform any other functions as required by management.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- ARRT Board eligible
- Graduate of an accredited school of radiation therapy
- Certification in Radiation Therapy Technology by the American
Registry of Radiologic Technologist
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (including overtime, and
weekends, as necessary) Preferred Skills
- ARRT Board certified
- BS in related field.
- Two years clinical experience in similar setting. Required
Competencies Excellent judgment, dependability, conscientious
performance. Detail oriented. Exceptional interpersonal and
communication skills. Caring and empathic. High ethical standards.
Mechanical ability and manual dexterity for operating complicated
equipments. Physical Demands and Work Environment The physical
demands and work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical demands:
While performing the duties of this job, employee is required to
walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or
controls; reach hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must lift
and/or move 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the
job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception, speech clarity, climb, balance, and
stoop, kneel, and bend. Work environment: While performing the
duties of this job, the employee is exposed to environmental risk
of radiation exposure, and biohazard exposure.The Tennessean.
Keywords: Radiation Therapist, Location: Chula Vista, CA -
Keywords: e+CancerCare, San Diego , PRN Radiation Therapist, Healthcare , Chula Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!