Manufacturing Supervisor (2nd Shift)
Company: GenMark Diagnostics, Inc.
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Heroes work here! Do you want to join a company where you can be
a hero too? We deliver innovative, diagnostic solutions that
improve the lives of patients and their families and are proud to
be one of the heroic diagnostic companies that is in this fight
against COVID-19. As a member of GenMark's team, you'll get to be
part of an organization where we embody our cultural beliefs in
everything we do. The following is a glimpse of what our culture
looks like and If you'd like to join us, we encourage you to apply
as our company is growing!
- Go Big - We never settle and challenge what's possible
- Win Together - We are one team with a shared purpose
- Own It - We step up, drive it, and deliver it
- Be Bold - We empower ourselves and others WHAT YOU'LL DO AT
GENMARK! Our Manufacturing Supervisors are responsible for
the--direct management of 20-50 Manufacturing Technicians and other
hourly personnel, fulfillment of the production schedule, and
ensuring quality compliance. Provide operations expertise, and
technical skills to the supervision and support of manufacturing
personnel to achieve New Product Development, Continuous
Improvement, Quality, Compliance and Operational metrics. Second
Shift Hours are 2:00 pm to 10:30 pm
- Supervise production personnel and activities to effectively
support manufacturing needs to meet customer requirements for
existing commercial products, new product introductions and R&D
- Hire, train, develop and evaluate production personnel to
ensure the appropriate resources and talent are in place.--
- Plan and schedule resources and activities to ensure business
needs are satisfied.--
- Tracks, analyzes, summarizes and reports key indicator data and
metrics for areas of responsibility.--
- Evaluate direct reports performance on an annual basis in a
written performance review.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance to quality systems (FDA,
GMP, QSR, ISO), product specifications, process instructions,
safety requirements and company policies. Includes the diligent
management of non-conformances to ensure appropriate corrective and
- Proactively identifies potential failure modes relative to
quality or business risks.
- Collaborate and provide manufacturing input and support to New
Product teams, including the design for manufacturing (DFM)
guidance, input on process / tooling development and
developing/refining manufacturing instructions.
- Collaborate with Supply Chain, Logistics, Manufacturing
Engineering and Quality to drive value stream and lean
manufacturing improvement initiatives.
- Provide technical guidance and input regarding new processing
strategies and associated equipment procurement.--
- Identify and implement lean manufacturing opportunities in
effort to improve quality, increase productivity, reduce costs and
reduce cycle times.
- Develop and sustain the manufacturing team as a quality minded
culture driven by focusing on customer service (external and
internal), outstanding compliance, continuous improvement
activities that support business objectives. KEY QUALIFICATIONS
- BS. degree in Engineering or Science or equivalent years of
- Minimum of 6 years of related experience in the medical device,
pharmaceutical or similarly regulated industry.--
- 2-4 years' experience in Technical Supervision and/or
Engineering in the medical device or pharmaceutical
- Working knowledge of quality system requirements (QSR) and good
manufacturing practices (GMP).
- Experience working with a clean room environment, and
application of environmental procedures.
- Experience working with manufacturing/MRP systems (QAD
- Experience and/or certification in LEAN Manufacturing
- Experience and prior training (or ideally certification) with
Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma methodologies. Experience with
Statistical Process Control a plus.
- Must be a hands-on, self-directed, organized and conscientious
- Complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner
- Must be able to think and work both tactically and
strategically to provide financial and operational needs to
- Strong communication skills including the ability to
communicate with all levels within the organization ABOUT GENMARK
GenMark's ePlex true sample-to-answer system symbolizes the
evolution of eSensor technology combined with digital
microfluidics. ePlex offers unique solutions to address the most
significant challenges facing clinical laboratories, while
supporting hospital systems to deliver patient-centered,
value-based care. ePlex streamlines the diagnostic workflow from
physician order entry to the final test report, and is the only
true sample-to-answer solution designed to improve patient care,
reduce costs, and increase lab efficiency. GenMark is headquartered
in Carlsbad, California and maintains its European Operation in
Keywords: GenMark Diagnostics, Inc., San Diego , Manufacturing Supervisor (2nd Shift), Hospitality & Tourism , Carlsbad, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!