Company: Cycle Gear
Location: San Diego
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job DescriptionThe Merchandiser role is responsible for managing
the stores backroom operations by receiving products into the POS
system, keeping products organized and accounted for and helping
process weekly pallets. The Merchandiser will also be in charge of
processing damaged or defective products back to the Distribution
Center and reporting these items to the Inventory Control Team.
Additionally, the Merchandiser also works closely with the
management team to ensure that an adequate level of product is in
stock for customer purchase, that the merchandise is properly
maintained, and that the merchandise is displayed appropriately
with proper signage and favorable shelf placement. This includes
store setup, MAPP execution, plan-o-gram setup and maintenance as
well as the stocking of various types of products.Our Merchandiser
- Be held accountable for all incoming and outgoing
- Check-in and tag merchandise, ensure proper placement and
display of merchandise on the sales floor and assist in completion
of markdowns and price updates as needed.
- Maintain store presentation according to company standards,
including store housekeeping, merchandising, and retail standards.
This includes the backroom and workstations.
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding customer service
by providing a professional retail environment which includes
greeting and acknowledging every customer with 90 seconds of
entering the store, maintaining an upbeat, can-do attitude
throughout customer interactions, and retaining solid product
knowledge in order to deliver quality customer service
- Reconcile special orders between vendors, distribution center
and the customer.this includes contacting customers when orders
arrive, delayed or out of stock.
- Maintain awareness of all product knowledge information,
merchandise promotions, and advertisements set forth by the
- Routinely meet and exceed customer needs by providing needed
products and answering customer questions.
- Responsible for opening and closing the store as scheduled,
following proper procedures as documented in the opening and
closing checklist.QualificationsOur Merchandiser Has:
- Previous retail, Inventory management, customer service, or
sales experience; 2+ years preferred
- Previous experience with meeting or exceeding sales objectives
in a retail environment
- Possess an upbeat, positive attitude, passionate about what
they do, and thrives on being self motivated as well as an
important part of a team.
- Familiarity reading, comprehending and interpreting all Store
Communications via Gear Net, MAPP, modules, plan-o-grams,
schematics or POGs and product/department manuals
- Possess strong computer acumen and attention to detail
- Possesses strong writing and math ability to count and manage
inventory and control cash.
- Proven ability and desire to establish engaging rapport with
- Ability to work assigned schedule, Monday through Friday in
addition to the ability to work some nights/evenings and holidays
- Familiarity with motorcycles, automotive and/or motorsports
- Competitive hourly base rate.
- Flexible schedule -- Great for students!
- Work in an industry that you are passionate about!
- Amazing employee discounts on all our great products.
- Great work/life balance.
- Training and development.
- Career opportunities.
- Just an all-around excellent place to work!!Cycle Gear provides
equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Keywords: Cycle Gear, San Diego , Merchandiser, Hospitality & Tourism , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!