Associate Project Manager (Store Construction)
Company: Luxottica Group
Location: San Diego
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Requisition ID: 484065
Total Rewards: Benefits/Incentive Information
Luxottica is a global leader in the design, manufacture and
distribution of fashion, luxury and sports eyewear. Our wholesale
network covers more than 150 countries and our retail presence
consists of over 9,100 retail stores across the globe.
In North America, our wholesale business is the home to global
brands like Ray-Ban, Oakley, and many of the top fashion house
brands. Our leading retail brands include; LensCrafters, Sunglass
Hut, Pearle Vision, and Target Optical. We are also home to EyeMed,
the fastest growing vision care company in the United States.
Supporting over 4,500 retail stores in North America, a career in
our retail headquarters allows us to stay in touch with the end
customer and use their ever-changing behaviors and preferences to
shape our offerings of the best eyewear and services.
The Associate Project Manager will work on the project management
team and collaborate with various levels and departments across the
organization to ensure that construction projects are delivered to
successful completion in alignment with strategic and operational
goals. This role will build and maintain relationships with key
internal stakeholder groups including, real estate, planning,
design, procurement, systems, logistics and finance, are critical
aspects of this role.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Streamlines, organizes and manages the day-to-day project
management functions relating to store development and construction
projects across multiple brands.
- Reviews construction documents for accuracy, feasibility and
compliance with brand standards and provides feedback to CD
- Assesses deliverables and escalates project risks to the
appropriate team partners
- Develops, evaluates and distributes project status reporting
for senior management.
- Facilitates regular meetings with key stakeholders to
proactively manage tasks.
- Develops an understanding of each project's scope and creates,
reviews and distributes documents for projects (bidding, RFPs,
- Leads schedule of activities related to the project and assists
in the preparation of Final Cost Estimates, Closeout documentation,
Punch lists, etc.
- Facilitates and manages pre-construction meetings with landlord
- Evaluate change orders against CDs and endorses for
- Reviews and marks up Landlord work letters
- Regularly analyze control reports and provides input for
finance department's project control reports.
- Reviews and endorses for approval contractor's applications for
payment and change orders.
- Reviews and endorses for approval vendor invoices.
- Establishes reporting and status updates on project closeouts,
outstanding punchlists and other project related exception
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Construction, Engineering,
or related field.
- 5+ years construction/retail construction industry
- Must be capable of reading and interpreting construction
drawings, project schedules and understand construction activities
involving various trades
- Excellent planning and organization skills with a keen eye for
- Good with numbers and evaluating construction estimates, bid
proposals, change orders, etc.
- Ability to work under pressure and complete projects within
- Highly proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word,
- Effective communications skills. Informs and directs
appropriately on both verbal and written fronts
- Thrives in a highly communicative team environment
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Luxottica will
provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities
who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To
request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica
Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1- (be sure to provide your name and
contact information so that we may follow up in a timely
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being
perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or
stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military
status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful
discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or
maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics
protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance
with Tribal Law.
Keywords: Luxottica Group, San Diego , Associate Project Manager (Store Construction), Hospitality & Tourism , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!