Food and Beverage Leader in Development - May 2022
Company: Omni Hotels & Resorts
Location: San Diego
Posted on: May 16, 2022
San Diego Hotel
With miles of sandy beaches and a year-round average 70-degree
temperature, there is no better place to live and work than sunny
San Diego! Within this seaside paradise lies the newly renovated,
four-star, Omni San Diego Hotel; a place dedicated to providing a
superior experience for both associates and guests. -Omni San
Diego's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment,
comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that
comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional
service. The Omni San Diego Hotel's commitment to serve our
associates and nurture their growth has led to the company's
highest rating in associate satisfaction and an impressive internal
promotion rate. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and
empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated
person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni San Diego Hotel
may be your perfect match. -
The Food and Beverage Leader-in-Development (LID) program is a
12-month program designed to develop graduates into successful
managers in the division they wish to pursue. -The Food and
Beverage LID will spend 40 hours each week working within the
department and 10 hours completing Learning Commitments throughout
the training property. -Learning Commitments are projects that will
allow LIDs to learn about general hotel operations, as well as the
details and functions of their division. - Each commitment will
provide resources and evaluation criteria.
- Responsible for assigned shift, assisting in overall
- Assist in overall supervision of the department as outlined in
manager's job description.
- Complete environmental checklist for dining room.
- Spot check liquor pars and order daily supplies.
- Hold pre-meal meetings.
- Follow up on established training steps.
- Handle guest comments and complaints and ensure guest
- Communicate with guests and receive feedback.
- Stay on the floor during peak hours.
- Examine food preparation and beverage presentation.
- Maintain condition of dining room, -restaurants, and room
- Assist manager in; scheduling, completing weekly payroll, and
forecasting both weekly and monthly.
- Participate in interviewing new employees as needed.
- Monitor food and liquor requisitions and food waste.
- Check bar controls, shot glass use, red lining, and bottles
totally empty daily.
- Will be responsible for meeting with Division head weekly,
Director of Human Resources each month and corporate mentor
- An Associate's degree or higher is required, preferably in
- Previous Food and Beverage experience is preferred.
- Must be willing to work 5 hours per week with a flexible
- Has strong interpersonal skills and is customer service
oriented with a sincere, helpful, caring and friendly personality.
- Projects enthusiasm, professionalism and a positive attitude at
- Pays precise attention to detail, order and cleanliness. -
- Has outstanding written and verbal communication
- Able to adapt in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
within a dynamic work schedule.
- Willingness to relocate upon completion of the program to
ensure timely promotion to a management role.
- Must be TIPS & Food Handlers Certified.
Keywords: Omni Hotels & Resorts, San Diego , Food and Beverage Leader in Development - May 2022, Hospitality & Tourism , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!