Senior Media Specialist
Company: GIA (Gemological Institute of America)
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Senior Media Specialist: World class opportunity in the diamond
The Company: GIA is the world's foremost authority in gemology. GIA
is a global organization with headquarters located in Carlsbad, CA.
GIA in Carlsbad boasts a 17-acre ocean view campus that
accommodates approximately 800 of its 3,000 total employees
worldwide. It offers many competitive health and commuter benefits
that promote the well-being of its employees as well as that of the
The Culture: GIA relies on a strong set of values to create a sense
of purpose - guiding and inspiring people inside and outside the
organization. We strive for our students and employees to have a
sense of belonging and inclusivity through our core values of
integrity, teamwork, leadership, respect and results.
The Location: This position reports to the Director Global Product
Marketing located in Carlsbad, California at our corporate
headquarters. We offer a flexible work-from-home schedule, with a
few days in the office per week.
What To Expect
- We offer competitive medical, dental, vision and matching 401-K
plans (up to 8%)
- Paid vacation, sick and holidays, tuition assistance, special
award (target bonus), commuter benefits
- Global business interaction opportunities with our
- On-site caf-- - affordable custom breakfast and lunch meals and
- Economic friendly services - electric vehicle charging stations
- Ergonomic assessments offered on-site and virtually.
Job OverviewWe are looking for an analytically savvy and
detail-oriented marketer to lead the execution of trade and product
related consumer media strategies in a dynamic and evolving
industry. As the Senior Media Specialist, you:
- Have experience planning and coordinating digital and print
media campaigns across various channels with a strong understanding
of execution, trafficking, and relationship management.
- Understand the importance of connecting our audience with our
message and diligently organize and execute hundreds of paid trade
advertisements across multiple trade partners and publications. In
addition, you will work closely with our media buying agency to
coordinate product specific consumer campaigns.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Manages the media planning process, working with the media
agency to assist in buying digital and print media to support
- Collaborate with an integrated marketing team to understand
business objectives, product messaging, and advertising support
needs to coordinate and execute go-to market media strategies.
- Identify growth opportunities by developing strong knowledge
about and relationships with publishers, discovering and evaluating
new advertising possibilities.
- Collaborate with publishers and media agency to execute the B2B
and B2C product media plan.
- Lead day-to-day management with advertising and media agency to
execute trade and product consumer media spend.
- Manages production schedule(s) to ensure advertising and
deadline objectives are achieved.
- Oversight of campaign creative trafficking and execution
process, requiring an understanding of digital trafficking tools
- Budget stewardship, including contract/Insertion Order
submission, Requisition creation and managing B2B and product
related B2C budget records, monthly reporting and forecasting.
- Develop and maintain 2023 Trade Ad Detail and Status
- Analyze campaign performance to deliver insights and drive
- Other duties as assigned.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Strong computer skills utilizing software such as Microsoft
Office Suite and e-mail. Expertise in Excel.
- Strong math and analytical skills.
- Curious, adaptable, creative, and an innovative thinker.
- Exceptional initiative and attention to detail.
- Strong written, verbal and negotiation skills with the ability
to communicate with all levels of colleagues, vendors and
- Ability and enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced environment
where creative solutions are the norm.
- Strong people skills, diplomacy and a collaborative
- Team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide
other departments when necessary.
- Ability to display supportive behavior and communicate
positively regarding department goals and objectives.
- Ability to maintain and foster sensitivity and respect for a
culturally diverse work environment.
- Leadership & Accountability: Demonstrates personal initiative,
focus and drive for continuous improvement; holds self and others
accountable to meet commitments and models GIA values.
- Technical/Functional Knowledge: In-depth knowledge of
principles and practices within discipline or broad knowledge
across many related disciplines. Keeps up with current technology
- Drive for Results: Sets high goals and uses measurement methods
to monitor progress toward goals. Consistently meets or exceeds
goals; maintains a focus on continuous improvement.
- Decision quality/ and problem solving skills: Incorporates a
holistic approach to making good, timely, ethical decisions that
keep the organization moving forward; ability to identify root
causes of problems and provides sound resolutions.
- Analytical Skills: Ability to interpret and analyze data
comprehensively and make excellent conclusions; thinks
strategically while considering impact of actions/decisions
- Communication Skills: Develops and delivers multi-mode
communication that conveys a clear understanding of the unique
needs of different audiences; uses clear and effective verbal and
written communications delivered with confidence and the style of
the receiver in mind
- Ability to handle conflict situations effectively to minimize
impact and maximize outcomes; ability to express opposing views in
a non-confrontational manner.
- Time management: Approaches work in an organized and systematic
manner; plans work and time effectively to manage conflicting or
shifting priorities and achieve goals aligned with department and
Education And Experience
- Bachelor's degree in advertising, marketing, business
administration or communications or related field and 3-5+ years of
related work experience, or equivalent combination of education and
- 3-4 years' media experience in a media agency preferred.
- Knowledge of self-serve buying platforms, like Facebook and
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT (if Applicable)
- Work is performed in a designated professional office
workstation and environment.
- Extensive use of office equipment to include computer,
calculator, copier, fax, and other business related machines and
Disclaimer: This job description indicates in general terms, the
type and level of work performed as well as the typical
responsibilities of employees in this classification and it may be
changed by management at any time. Other duties may also apply.
Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment
relationship existing between the Company and its employees.
Keywords: GIA (Gemological Institute of America), San Diego , Senior Media Specialist, Hospitality & Tourism , Carlsbad, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!