Bakery - Pastry Cook I
Company: Valley View Casino & Hotel
Location: Valley Center
Posted on: August 7, 2022
WHO WE ARE:Be a member of the winning team at Valley View Casino
& Hotel named one of San Diego's Best Places To Work by the San
Diego Business Journal. Valley View is where fun and your future
will come together join our team for a fun and exciting environment
with amazing benefits that focus on you, your family and helping
you reach your lifetime goals! Deeply rooted in the Valley Center
community, we, the San Pasqual Band of Mission Indians, have a rich
local history. With traditions founded upon "good neighbor" values,
our Tribe has been a part of this community for many generations.
Valley View Casino & Hotel reflects our proud heritage of
enterprise and opportunity; it is a place for our friends and
neighbors. At Valley View Casino & Hotel our team members are the
foundation of who we are and what we do. The compassion,
encouragement and level of experience that you will be exposed to
will put you on a career path full of opportunities for
advancement. Description of the Position:Assist in the work of the
pastry operation to include: being able to prepare basic pastry and
dessert items for the pastry shop under the direct guidance of the
Executive Pastry Chef and Pastry Chef. Team Member will rely on
limited experience, instructions and pre-established guidelines to
perform the duties of this job. Primary Duties, Responsibilities,
- All team members are obligated to support and uphold the Valley
View Casino & Hotel's Standards of Excellence as outlined in the
Team Member Guide to Success.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times, resolving guest
complaints and ensuring guest satisfaction. Greet guests in a
courteous and caring manner using personalized service.
- Preparation of cream, icings, mousses, sauces and production of
- Assemble all cakes, pastries, cookies, pies, hot and cold
desserts and ensure that all a la carte dessert orders and amenity
orders are completed.
- Monitor all finished products for quality and quantity.
- Ensure that all items are correctly marked and delivered to the
correct area or restaurant in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all food items are prepared and served according to
the Executive Pastry Chef's standards, specifications, and
- Ensure daily organization and cleanliness within work
- Assist with proper storage of all food; rotation, labeling and
dating all products.
- Assist with ensuring that pastry operation meets all Health
Departments requirements for sanitation, such as proper rotation of
food and daily cleaning of icebox, walk-ins and refrigerators.
Ensure that proper temperatures of walk-in and freezer are
- Performs other duties as requested such as moving supplies and
equipment cleaning to ensure a safe working environment.
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Pastry Chef and Pastry
- Adheres to performance standards, company policies and
procedures, as they relate to the department. Required
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- One year of pastry/baking experience in a similar
- Must possess working knowledge of the fundamentals of baking
and pastry preparation, accepted standards of sanitation and
operation of all kitchen equipment.
- A general basic knowledge in using recipes and how to apply
pastry and baking basics.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as instructions,
guidelines, policies and procedure manuals.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
instructions, guidelines, operating and maintenance instructions,
and policies and procedure manuals written in the English
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages,
ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to use commonsense understanding to interpret and carry
an extensive variety of instructions in written, oral and/or
- Must use good judgment when providing information to our
- Must display the ability to maintain positive guest relations
at all times.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance
- Responsible for conducting all responsibilities in a
professional and ethical manner.
- Must apply for, receive, and maintain a Gaming License from the
Tribal Gaming Agency.
- Must successfully pass a drug screening test.
- Must be able to successfully pass applicable auditions or skill
testing. Preferred Qualifications:
- Completed program in baking and pastry preparation.
- Ability to understand oral and verbal communication while using
Valley View Casino & Hotel's communication tools which include but
are not limited to radios, phones, and or email. Physical
Requirements of the Position: The physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by the Team Member to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Clear vision (close, distant, peripheral, and depth perception)
is needed for navigating office and casino environments, reading
and reviewing reports and policies, operating data processing
equipment and other essential job functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is
regularly required to talk and hear.
- The Team Member may be required to stand, walk, and sit and use
hands to manipulate, handle, or feel.
- The Team Member is regularly required to stand; walk; reach
with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or
crawl and taste or smell.
- The Team Member must frequently lift and/or move 50 pounds and
occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Working Conditions:
- The Casino is open 24 hours per day, seven (7) days per week;
therefore, you must be flexible to work any and all shifts.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is
exposed to second hand tobacco smoke, moving mechanical parts, risk
of radiation from computers, and fumes or airborne particles.
- The Team Member is usually subject to inside environmental
conditions, which provide protection from weather conditions, but
not necessarily from temperature changes.
- The Team Member is occasionally subject to outside
environmental conditions and to wet and/or humid conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
When on the casino floor, the noise level increases to loud. Other
- Native American hiring preference applies.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job.
You may be instructed by management to perform other tasks or
- You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of
the tasks listed in this job description and your ability to commit
to the Standards of Excellence.
- Management has the right to revise this job description at any
- The job description is not a contract for employment.All team
members are obligated to support and uphold the Valley View Casino
& Hotel's Standards of Excellence as outlined in the Team Member
Guide to Success. Maintain positive guest relations at all times,
resolving guest complaints and ensuring guest satisfaction.
Greeting guests in a courteous and caring manner using personalized
service. Must apply for, receive, and maintain a Gaming License
from the Tribal Gaming Agency. Must be able to successfully pass
applicable auditions or skill testing and a drug screening test.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is exposed
to second hand tobacco smoke, moving mechanical parts and fumes or
airborne particles. The Casino is open 24 hours per day, seven (7)
days per week; therefore, you must be flexible to work any and all
shifts. Other details
Keywords: Valley View Casino & Hotel, San Diego , Bakery - Pastry Cook I, Hospitality & Tourism , Valley Center, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!