Executive Sous Chef
Company: Omni Hotels & Resorts
Location: San Diego
Posted on: September 23, 2022
San Diego Hotel
With miles of sandy beaches and a year-round average 70-degree
temperature, there is no better place to live and work than sunny
San Diego! Within this seaside paradise lies the newly renovated,
four-star, Omni San Diego Hotel; a place dedicated to providing a
superior experience for both associates and guests. -Omni San
Diego's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment,
comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that
comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional
service. The Omni San Diego Hotel's commitment to serve our
associates and nurture their growth has led to the company's
highest rating in associate satisfaction and an impressive internal
promotion rate. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and
empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated
person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni San Diego Hotel
may be your perfect match. -
The Executive Sous Chef has an overall responsibility for the
efficient and effective running of the kitchen and food production
outlets, ensuring operating costs are minimized.
- Responsible for the execution of all Omni Hotel and company
policies/procedures, ensuring that all services provided achieve
the established standards within the agreed budgetary
- To assist the Executive Chef in budgeting i.e. food
cost/payroll/etc. - When agreed, control all overheads/achieve food
cost budget throughout the oncoming year/report all variances from
actual budget with the reasons and recommendations for remedial
- Advise the -Executive Chef on all matters relating to the
kitchen area and ensure a -high standard of cleanliness and
hygienic practice throughout the kitchen.
- Ensure guest -satisfaction with the smooth and effective
running of the day-to-day operation.
- To maintain -control of the standards for purchasing and
- Work closely -with the storeroom manager and food and beverage
controller to establish and maintain control of the standards for
purchasing and receiving items.
- To test and -evaluate products for quality, paying particular
attention to -yield/holding qualities/market price/wastage usage of
- Constantly inspect all food service sections during service
time to ensure that the correct standards are maintained.
- Responsible for -control of equipment and scheduling
- Customer Service, prior admin experience preferred.
- Associates degree or higher preferred in Culinary Arts.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Delphi or similar programs,
Excellent organizational skills
- Clear, positive, energetic communication skills. -
- Minimum 5 years at an Executive Sous Chef or Sous Chef level
management position of a 4 star establishment or higher.
- Serve Safe certified food manager
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer -
vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are
available using the following links: -EEOC is the Law Poster -and
the following link is the -OFCCP's Pay Transparency
Nondiscrimination policy statement -If you are interested in
applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special
assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to
-firstname.lastname@example.org. Omni Hotels & Resorts does
not discriminate on the basis of any protected category with
respect to the payment of wages.
Keywords: Omni Hotels & Resorts, San Diego , Executive Sous Chef, Hospitality & Tourism , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!