Director of Rooms - Sheraton Mission Valley San Diego Hotel
Location: San Diego
Posted on: September 24, 2022
The Rooms Division Manager is responsible for the direction and
oversight of key guest contact departments within the Rooms
division, their managers and their team members.
- Direct the activities of key guest contact departments by
giving guidance, leadership and instruction to department
- Responsible for overall budget approval authority for rooms
- Monitor all room related systems that impact the guest
directly, to ensure proper procedures are in place and followed,
which allow for an outstanding guest experience.
- Communicate with guests and team members both verbally and in
writing to answer questions and resolve concerns.
- Facilitate the coordination of marketing initiatives, sales
site visits and special housekeeping requests, reservations, etc.,
to ensure understanding by hotel operations of procedures that may
have potential impact.
- Ensure guest reservation policies, standards and procedures are
- Ensure the effective resolution if any complaints, challenges
- Ensure housekeeping procedures are efficiently followed and any
issues are immediately resolved.
- Ensure guest check in/checks out procedures are efficiently
followed and any issues immediately resolved.
- Manage and administer the Manager on Duty program, requiring
weekend stayover and constant monitoring throughout the hotel and
- Participate in property MOD program, weekly staff meetings,
weekly Executive Committee meetings and safety committee
- Understand and apply the applicable Franchise and management's
Standard Operating Procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies:
- Experience in Front Office, Accounting Management, computer
experience on a PMS systems and working knowledge of manual front
desk procedures, including leadership experience in a Front Office
- High work ethic, self-initiative , independent
- Proven customer service and problem solving experience
- Regular attendance
- Proven experience in a high pressure, sometimes stressful
- May be required to work varying schedules to reflect the
business needs of the property
- Focus and maintain attention to multiple tasks, and meet
deadlines despite frequent interruptions
- Ability to maintain excellent relationships with staff and
maintain staff and guest confidentiality at all times
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all job functions
that are required of an employee in this position. Therefore, other
duties may be asked of an employee in this position from time to
1433 Camino Del Rio South, San Diego, California 92108
Find an inviting retreat in the center of it all at Sheraton
Mission Valley San Diego Hotel. Located in the city's Mission
Valley neighborhood, our authentic and elegant hotel places all
parts of San Diego at your fingertips. The airport and San Diego
University are right outside of our hotel doors, while iconic
attractions like SeaWorld, Petco Park, Balboa Park and the San
Diego Zoo are a short drive away.
- Stand, sit and walk for varying lengths of time, often long
periods of time
- Bend, stoop, squat and stretch
- Lift approximately fifty (50) pounds of equipment or supplies
on and off a cart, using safe lifting techniques
- Push and pull carts weighing up to fifty (50) pounds
- Possess valid driver's license and safely drive guest vehicles.
Have proof of safe driving record as indicated by a copy of Motor
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal, using
written communication skills to mark completed rooms on daily
- Grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive
motions, pulling, pushing, listening and hearing ability and visual
- Know and be able to administer first aid
- Direct evacuations in an emergency
Keywords: Remington, San Diego , Director of Rooms - Sheraton Mission Valley San Diego Hotel, Hospitality & Tourism , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!