Banquet Captain in San Diego, CA at ARE - Torreyana Rd
Company: San Diego, CA, United States
Location: San Diego
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Essential Functions & Accountabilities
- Works with Private Event Director on daily basis with the
- Responsible for executing private and club events.
- Holds pre-function meetings with servers to ensure smooth,
efficient service, assigns server stations and coordinates the
timing of courses with the kitchen personnel.
- Ensures that all banquet staff are well-groomed and in proper
uniform (including name tag) before clocking in.
- 5.Consistantly checkes Diagrams for buffet tables, guest table
and other function room set-up needs for special events, and Ala
- Assures proper inventory of all banquet service equipment and
supplies to meet required needs.
- Regularly inspects all front and back of the house service
areas and equipment to assure that sanitation, safety, energy
management, preventive maintenance and other standards for the
department are met.
- Develop on-going training for all FOH service employees.
- Handles member and guest complaints.
- Acts as Lead Waiter at special, private functions as
- Meet and greet guest upon arrival and make contact with host of
- Trains, supervises and evaluates FOH service staff.
- Assures that all functions are properly staffed in accordance
- Assures the neatness, cleanliness and safety of all dining
- Participates in weekly food & beverage meetings
- Assumes Opening or Closing Manager responsibilities when
- Conducts after-event evaluations to improve quality and
efficiency of all FOH functions
- Responsible for ensuring staff is aware and ready to execute
daily assignments and side work to be completed in their respective
areas, to meet Club standards and as communicated in the Star
Service FOCUS expectations (ie orderly/organized work areas,
consistently sanitary work areas, refill/stock containers and
- Assist fellow Employee Partners, Members and guests to ensure
delivery of the 3 steps of service without being directed. Be aware
of team members and the environment and participate as a member of
- Notify F&B Director and Private Event Director of
Member/Guest complaints at the time they occur. Rectify, practicing
service recover, any complaints as soon as possible. Job
- Must be able to work at a rapid pace while maintaining
attention to detail
- Must have the ability to handle more than one task at a
- Must have demonstrated good supervisory skills.
- Must have good communication and promotional skills.
- Must have teaching and motivatinal skills.
- 3 - 5yrs experience in the food & beverage industry.
- 1 - 3yrs supervisory experience
- High School Diploma
- Certification/License Food Handlers Certificate, FSP certified,
Keywords: San Diego, CA, United States, San Diego , Banquet Captain in San Diego, CA at ARE - Torreyana Rd, Hospitality & Tourism , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!