Cook 2 Petco Park
Company: Delaware North
Location: San Diego
Posted on: March 18, 2019
Our Exciting Work EnvironmentPetco ParkGrounded in a foundation of family ownership for over 100 years, Delaware North has earned a reputation as one of the most admired family-owned hospitality companies in the world. At Petco Park, we provide food and beverage concessions, luxury suites catering, and retail for our partner, the MLB---s San Diego Padres. We---re working behind the scenes and on the front lines --- making each guest experience, moment and memory the best it can be.---- For more information, please visit------ www.delawarenorth.com/california-sportserviceThe OpportunityPosition Summary Under the direction of supervisor, prepares and serves hot and/or cold food items, in accordance with the Company---s GuestPath Universal Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards. ------Essential Functions:
- Prepares food to specifications before and during unit operations.
- Properly measures and portions all food items. Complies with all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies and procedures.
- Cooks all food to proper specifications in a timely manner.
- Utilizes kitchen equipment to prepare food items such as: knives, slicers, whips, pots, pans, warmers, steamers, grills, ovens, etc.
- Ensures proper food temperatures are maintained and food is stored correctly.
- Ensures freshness and quality of all menu items.
- Packages all products to proper specifications.
- Performs opening, closing and side work duties as instructed and according to proper guidelines.
- Keeps workstation and equipment clean, organized, sanitized, and sufficiently stocked.
- Follows and upholds all health codes and sanitation regulations.
- Sets up and operates kitchen equipment.
- Uses waste control guidelines and records all waste on spoilage sheet.
- Performs other duties assigned.--Non-essential Functions:
- Completes end of day inventory and other opening/closing duties in accordance with company checklists and procedures.--Education & Experience:
- High school education is desired; participation/enrollment in culinary program a plus.
- Minimum of 6 months- 1 year previous experience in back-of-the-house foodservice position preferred.--Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to read and understand recipes and food abbreviations.
- Pleasant and friendly; ability to adhere to GuestPath---s Universal Service Standards.
- Ability to communicate with others.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Attentive and detailed oriented.
- Capable of following procedures and taking directions.
- Basic math skills; ability to understand, calculate and follow recipe measurements and proportions.----------Physical Requirements:
- Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip etc. a variety of foods and liquids.--
- Ability to lift and carry large pans from ovens or freezers, weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to handle or operate dangerous kitchen equipment.
- Ability to move rapidly and coordinate multiple orders.
- Standing and walking for entire length of shift.
- Frequently required to reach up to 6-7 feet, twist at waist, bending and squatting.
- Pushing and pulling occasionally, to move equipment, mops and brooms.--Environmental Working Conditions:
- Kitchen environment --- noise levels may be moderate to high. Works frequently in a hot and damp environment.
- In contact with sharp knives, slicers, boiling liquids, hot pans, etc.
- Hazards include, but are not limited to, cuts from broken glass, metal cans, scalds and burns, slipping and tripping.
- Frequently immerses hands in water.--Who We AreTake your career beyond the ordinary---to the extraordinary.At Delaware North, you---ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it---s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there---s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality companies in the world. Founded in 1915 and owned by the Jacobs family for more than 100 years, Delaware North has global operations at high-profile places such as sports and entertainment venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and restaurants, airports, and regional casinos. Our 55,000 employee associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually. Delaware North operates in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurant and catering, parks, resorts, gaming, and specialty retail industries and has annual revenue of about $3 billion. Learn more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality, at www.DelawareNorth.com.All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a--pre-employment--drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.-- Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.----
Keywords: Delaware North, San Diego , Cook 2 Petco Park, Hospitality & Tourism , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!