Driver Merchandiser - RCCB
Company: Reyes Coca-Cola Bottling
Posted on: April 18, 2019
Position Summary:To efficiently deliver product to customers in a
courteous, professional, compliant, safe and timely manner.Position
Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Abide by Company attendance policies.
- Safe and professional operation of a commercial motor vehicle,
including but not limited to: Combination vehicles, straight
trucks, or other vehicles such as pick-up trucks and service vans
with a GVWR or GCWR over 10,001 lbs.
- Complete pre-trip, in-route, and post-trip inspections of
- Ability to operate vehicles in congested areas with limited
space and potential obstacles.
- Comply with all applicable Department of Transportation
regulations including but not limited: Controlled Substances,
Commercial Driver Licensing, Driver Qualification, CMV Operation,
Hours of Service; CSA inspections and compliance, Vehicle
Inspection and Maintenance, etc.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral,
or diagram form
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-one-one and
small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees
of the organization.
- Ability to effectively communicate with the shift supervisor,
co-workers and other departments on work-related issues in a timely
- Maintain an acceptable driving record in compliance with
Department of Transportation Regulations and Reyes Fleet Safety
- Utilize an on board computer to track hours of service.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Safely and accurately unload and deliver multi-temperature
product to customers utilizing a variety of preferred methods
including lift gates, carts, conveyers, hand trucks, and/or pallet
- Utilize barcode scanners at the point of delivery as required
to verify delivered product.
- Pick up returned product as required.
- Accurately complete delivery and pick up paperwork.
- Maintain contact with Dispatch to receive delivery or pick up
instructions or changes in scheduled deliveries or pick-ups.
- Maintain route plan as provided by Dispatch. Communicate to
Dispatch any barriers to maintaining the route plan so any changes
can be communicated to the customer.
- Maintain knowledge and comprehension of all applicable
Department of Transportation regulations and Company policies
through Company training and certifications.
- Observe all local, state and federal laws and ordinances.
- Abide by all Reyes Holdings Company policies and
- Other projects or duties as assigned.Required Skills and
- Must be at least 21 years of age with 1 year of Class A
commercial driving experience or equivalent driving experience in
- You must maintain an acceptable driving record in compliance
with DOT requirements.
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug
test.Preferred Skills and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Experience with a handheld ordering device, prior grocery story
experience, including stocking handling, and local delivery and
- Prior customer service experience preferred.
- Local delivery experience preferred.
- Prior grocery store and/or consumer products experience a
plus.Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Must have the ability to repetitively lift, pull and push 50+
pounds, reach above head height, stand, walk, kneel, bend and
- Frequently stand, walk, and reach with hands and
arms.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the
nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery
schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of
Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and
punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in
this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due
to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources
department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be
made.As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Reyes Holdings companies
will recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the
basis of their qualifications. Our Practices and Procedures,
including those relating to wages, benefits, transfers, promotions,
terminations and self-development opportunities, will be
administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation and gender identity, age, national origin, disability,
or protected veteran status and all other classes protected by the
Federal and State Government. Drug Free Employer.
Keywords: Reyes Coca-Cola Bottling, San Diego , Driver Merchandiser - RCCB, Hospitality & Tourism , Oceanside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!