Server - Restaurant PETCO PARK
Company: Delaware North
Location: San Diego
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Our Exciting Work Environment Petco Park
This position is located at PETCO Park, the current home of the San
Diego Padres. Sportservice at PETCO Park is the premier provider of
concessions, premium services, catering and retail. This facility
holds 46,000 spectators at any given event. Please visit for more
The Opportunity Position Summary
Serves food and beverage items to guests in accordance with the
Company s GuestPath Universal Service Standards and applicable
- Greets guests at table and supplies guests with menus if
- Communicates daily specials, answers questions about menu
items, and takes beverage and/or food orders.
- Serves alcoholic beverages responsibly, requests
identification, adheres to all unit and company alcohol service
policies and procedures.
- Enters orders into point-of-sale system so that kitchen staff
can prepare food.
- Picks up drinks and food when orders are ready and delivers
orders to guests.
- Observes and follows-up with guests to respond if they require
- Prepares and delivers check to guests at table.
- Accepts and processes payment or directs customer to
- Performs opening, closing, and side work duties as
- Performs other duties as assigned. Non-essential Functions:
- Cleans table and prepares it for next guests.
- Makes suggestions to management to improve service, or change
- Trains others on job duties and company procedures. Education &
- Previous experience as a server, or similar guest service
position strongly preferred.
- Previous experience with a point-of-sale system in service or
hospitality environment preferred. Knowledge, Skills &
- Excellent guest service skills; ability to adhere to Company s
GuestPath Universal Service Standards.
- Ability to complete required pre-employment sanitation and
alcohol service training.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple table
assignments at one time.
- Possess basic knowledge of standard drink recipes and alcohol
- Ability to operate point-of-sale system to enter orders and
- Basic math skills; ability to accurately total guest checks and
- Strong communication skills, including listening skills and
ability to take food and beverage orders and fill those orders
correctly. Physical Requirements:
- Ability to remain on feet for entire length of shift.
- Constant standing, walking, bending, reaching and repetitive
- Ability to maneuver between tables and around corners.
- Ability to lift, balance and move large food trays, weighing up
to 35 lbs.
- Visual acuity and hearing sufficient to take orders and prepare
bills. Physical Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds for set-up, service and clean
up of functions.
- Ability to stand or walk for entire length of shift; may
include walking up and down stairs.
- Good mobility to maneuver between tables to deliver food to
customers. Environmental Working Conditions:
- Variable temperatures required to move between hot, noisy
conditions of kitchen and climate-controlled dining environment.
Noise level may be moderate to high during busy times
Who We Are Take your career beyond the ordinary to the
At Delaware North, you ll love where you work, who you work with,
and how your day unfolds. Whether it s in sporting venues, casinos,
airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants,
there s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We
empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of
success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the
thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with
Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality
companies in the world. Founded in 1915 and owned by the Jacobs
family for more than 100 years, Delaware North has global
operations at high-profile places such as sports and entertainment
venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and
restaurants, airports, and regional casinos. Our 55,000 employee
associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest
at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually.
Delaware North operates in the sports, travel hospitality,
restaurant and catering, parks, resorts, gaming, and specialty
retail industries and has annual revenue of about $3 billion. Learn
more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality, at .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check
and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the
position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries
consider applicants for all positions without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability,
marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally
protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity
Associated topics: account, account executive, account manager,
client service, inside sales representative, market, public
relations specialist, sales representative, services manager,
Keywords: Delaware North, San Diego , Server - Restaurant PETCO PARK, Hospitality & Tourism , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!