Cook 1 PETCO PARK
Company: Delaware North
Location: San Diego
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Our Exciting Work Environment Petco Park
This position is located at PETCO Park, the current home of the San
Diego Padres. Sportservice at PETCO Park is the premier provider of
concessions, premium services, catering and retail. This facility
holds 46,000 spectators at any given event. For more information,
The Opportunity Position Summary
Under the direction of supervisor, prepares and serves hot and/or
cold food items, in accordance with the Company s GuestPath
Universal Service Standards and applicable Operational
- Prepares food to specifications before and during unit
- Properly measures and portions all food items. Complies with
all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies
- Cooks all food to proper specifications in a timely
- Utilizes kitchen equipment to prepare food items such as:
knives, slicers, whips, pots, pans, warmers, steamers, grills,
- Ensures proper food temperatures are maintained and food is
- Ensures freshness and quality of all menu items.
- Packages all products to proper specifications.
- Performs opening, closing and side work duties as instructed
and according to proper guidelines.
- Keeps workstation and equipment clean, organized, sanitized,
and sufficiently stocked.
- Follows and upholds all health codes and sanitation
- Sets up and operates kitchen equipment.
- Uses waste control guidelines and records all waste on spoilage
- Performs other duties assigned. Non-essential Functions:
- Completes end of day inventory and other opening/closing duties
in accordance with company checklists and procedures. Education &
- High school education is desired; participation/enrollment in
culinary program a plus.
- Minimum of 6 months- 1 year previous experience in
back-of-the-house foodservice position preferred. Knowledge, Skills
- Ability to read and understand recipes and food
- Pleasant and friendly; ability to adhere to GuestPath s
Universal Service Standards.
- Ability to communicate with others.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Attentive and detailed oriented.
- Capable of following procedures and taking directions.
- Basic math skills; ability to understand, calculate and follow
recipe measurements and proportions. Physical Requirements:
- Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip etc. a
variety of foods and liquids.
- Ability to lift and carry large pans from ovens or freezers,
weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to handle or operate dangerous kitchen equipment.
- Ability to move rapidly and coordinate multiple orders.
- Standing and walking for entire length of shift.
- Frequently required to reach up to 6-7 feet, twist at waist,
bending and squatting.
- Pushing and pulling occasionally, to move equipment, mops and
brooms. Environmental Working Conditions:
- Kitchen environment noise levels may be moderate to high.
- Works frequently in a hot and damp environment.
- In contact with sharp knives, slicers, boiling liquids, hot
- Hazards include, but are not limited to, cuts from broken
glass, metal cans, scalds and burns, slipping and tripping.
- Frequently immerses hands in water. Who We Are Take your career
beyond the ordinary to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you ll love where you work, who you work with,
and how your day unfolds. Whether it s in sporting venues, casinos,
airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants,
there s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We
empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of
success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the
thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired,
privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and
owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global
leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the
sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks,
resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has
annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee
associates. To learn more, visit .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check
and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the
position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries
consider applicants for all positions without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability,
marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally
protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity
Associated topics: cave, cnn, discovery, field, maritime, museum,
student, tour, trek, zip
Keywords: Delaware North, San Diego , Cook 1 PETCO PARK, Hospitality & Tourism , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!