Part Time Kitchen Steward/Dishwasher
Company: DoubleTree by Hilton San Diego - Hotel Circle
Location: San Diego
Posted on: October 13, 2019
SUMMARY: The Kitchen Steward is primarily responsible for overall
cleanliness, sanitation, and compliance with state and local health
regulations in the kitchen area(s). S/He will maintain the kitchen
areas to ensure maximum guest satisfaction. The Kitchen Steward
shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and
external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for
exemplifying the Hotel's Culture. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Actively solicit guest feedback in order to seek continual
improvement in service.
- Attend daily briefings, training sessions, and meetings as
- Set up work stations for kitchen staff.
- Daily room service tray pick ups from guest floors.
- Clean and sanitize all kitchen equipment, food storage areas,
walk-in fridges, freezers, ovens, and dry storage cupboards.
- Properly clean and store dishes and other kitchen equipment in
the correct areas.
- Fill dish washing machines and ensure the correct levels of
cleaning chemicals are being used.
- Maintain efficient traffic patterns in the kitchen
- Ensure that equipment is prepared and operational for the
following day's work.
- Remain up to date on current safety issues to ensure compliance
with all health and safety regulations.
- Inform management of hazardous situations, emergencies, or
threats to the security of guests or employees.
- Report all accidents and breakages to the Kitchen Steward
Supervisor or Executive Chef in charge.
- Report and/or take action on any equipment breakdown or safety
issue relevant to your work area.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily
communication and coordination with other departments.
- Adhere to hotel requirements for guest/employee accidents or
injuries and in emergency situations.
- Work in a safe manner and abide by OSHA regulations and the
hotel's policies in regard to accident and incident reporting
- Adhere to relevant Workplace Safety and Health standards and
Food Safety Hygiene standards.
- Meet grooming standards of the hotel as set out in the Team
- May assist with other duties as assigned including but not
limited to assistance with food dish-up, completing set-up sheets,
assisting with set-up and break-down for various events, etc.
Associate is held accountable for all duties of this job and other
duties as assigned. EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year of experience in stewarding, kitchen maintenance,
kitchen operations, or similar
- Knowledge of food and beverage service operations
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Problem solving and reasoning skills
- Experience in training
- Willingness and ability to promote a positive team member
culture and core values
- Must speak fluent English
- Fluency in other languages beneficial JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be a United States citizen or possess a valid work
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must have exceptional communication skills
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally
- Must have basic computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting,
profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized
- Must be detailed orientated and work well under pressure
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings,
weekends and holidays
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a
diplomatic and tactful manner
- Possess strong motivational, organizational and verbal
- Ability to travel to attend workshops, tradeshows, conventions,
- May require a Driver's License WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Must be able to stand and move about the kitchen area for a
- Must be able to frequently stand up or move within and outside
- Must be able to carry or lift items weighting up to 50
- Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, and
repetitive hand & arm movements consistent with kitchen work
- Must be able to handing food items, objects, projects, and
utensils in a safe manner
- Must be able to frequently bend, stoop, and kneel
- Must be able to frequently handle kitchen supplies and
equipment to maintain the facility The physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an associate
to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job
description in no way states or implies that these are the only
duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required
to follow other instructions and perform other work-related duties
requested by his or her supervisor. Benefits : Sick Days available
(ref. 30520) We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers
applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin,
disability or protected veteran status.
Keywords: DoubleTree by Hilton San Diego - Hotel Circle, San Diego , Part Time Kitchen Steward/Dishwasher, Hospitality & Tourism , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!