Human Resources Generalist
Company: Alimentiv Inc.
Location: San Diego
Posted on: February 23, 2021
JOB TITLE: HR Generalist REPORTS TO : Manager, Human Resources
(US & Europe) DEPARTMENT/UNIT NAME: Corporate Operations > Human
Resources JOB SUMMARY: This is an exciting opportunity to be the
first US-based employee in Human Resources for Alimentiv. The HR
Generalist (HRG) is responsible for providing HR operational and
administrative support for: Organizational Effectiveness, Workforce
Planning and Talent Management, Learning and Development, Health
Safety and Wellness, Employee Relations, Total Rewards, and HR
Metrics and Reporting in a global, shared-services context. The HRG
will interface with other members of the HR team, managers,
employees, and external stakeholders and will participate in other
special projects/duties as assigned. AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY: HR
Operations and Administrative Support Organizational
- Administer changes to the organization structure.
- In conjunction with the SMHRE, create and/or facilitate the
distribution of employee engagement surveys; Compile data and
contribute to employee engagement initiatives.
- Identify, document and communicate HR risks to the Manager, HR
- Assist in the creation and delivery of HR communications.
Workforce Planning and Talent Management
- Prepare, review, and file global employment agreements for new
- Administer the end-to-end new onboarding process for new
employees and contingent workers including documentation,
facilitation, and IT equipment requests.
- Provide support to managers and employees regarding performance
management; Collaborate with Managers to create Performance
Improvement Plans at the employee level.
- Support the talent acquisition lifecycle for assigned positions
- In conjunction with the MHR, update career mapping
- Liaise with Immigration vendor(s) to coordinator employee work
or travel related authorizations. Learning and Development
- Plan, facilitate and/or participate in New Employee
- In conjunction with the Learning and Development Specialist
support LMS administration, reporting, and troubleshooting; Liaise
with the LMS vendor as needed. Health, Safety, and Wellness
- Maintain knowledge of legislation, regulations, and standards
regarding workplace health and safety.
- Lead disability management cases for assigned employees and
coordinate with vendor.
- Administer absence management program for assigned employees.
- Maintain knowledge of legislation that affects global HR
practices; Monitor regulatory adherence of HR policies and programs
and contribute to new policy development.
- Respond to and resolve assigned HR inquiries with a customer
- Conduct case investigations for assigned employees; Manage
conflict resolution and in conjunction with MHR, issue disciplinary
action when required.
- Ensure confidential, accurate and organized document management
of HR records and files.
- Administer the exiting process for employees and contingent
workers; In conjunction with the MHR, conduct employee
- Support Diversity and Inclusion initiatives. Total Rewards
- Provide ad-hoc support to the Total Rewards & HR Analytics
Specialist for pension/benefits, merit increases, and bonuses.
- Reiterates key messaging to employees and managers regarding
- Facilitate the global employee recognition and service award
program; Ensure information is accurately recorded in the
- HR Metrics, Reporting, and Financial Management
- Record and make changes to employee information in the
- Participate in and support periodic HR and QA Audits.
- Liaise and provide support to the Payroll & Accounting
Coordinator as needed.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of new HR
- Provide HR-related information to internal stakeholders to
support ongoing initiatives. Professional Practice
- Act with integrity and balance the interest of all parties in
carrying out HR activities; Model ethical practices for staff.
- Adhere to HR legal requirements in carrying out all HR
activities; keep current on changes to the laws that govern HR
- Maintain awareness of broad economic, societal, technological,
political, global, and demographic trends; Evaluate the credibility
of sources of information. QUALIFICATIONS: The ideal candidate will
possess a varied background in Human Resources across Talent
Acquisition, Employee Relations, Health & Wellness, and Total
Rewards. In addition, the successful candidate will have strong
knowledge and experience in applying employment
legislation/standards in California and the broader United States.
Previous experience in the Life Sciences/Professional Services
Industries, or Shared Services environment is an asset.
Participation in HR professional practices and SHRM certification
is considered an asset. The successful candidate will have highly
refined communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
Further, the ideal candidate will be comfortable working
independently in a fast-paced environment. A minimum of an
undergraduate degree and 1-3 years of relevant experience OR a
college diploma and 4-6 years of experience. WORKING CONDITIONS:
--Office-based *Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities
Keywords: Alimentiv Inc., San Diego , Human Resources Generalist, Human Resources , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!