Human Resources Manager
Company: Verathon Inc
Location: San Diego
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Hardy Process Solutions provides weighing solutions for process
and packaging in a variety of industries including food processing,
automated manufacturing, chemical, plastics, rubber, and more. We
have been offering accurate, quality industrial weighing scales
since 1918 and recently celebrated our Centennial year! BASIC
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION: The responsibility of the HR
Manager is to formulate and implement human resources practices,
policies and processes that are aligned with Hardy's strategy and
serve the long-term interest of the business. This position serves
as a consultant to and supports management on HR related issues.
The HR Manager is responsible for supporting a culture of
cooperation and learning that facilitates employee engagement and
productivity. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- All aspects, including needs assessment, sourcing and
- Employee relations and end of employment: Assist managers to
deal with employee performance and related issues. Facilitate
terminations related to reductions in force, restructurings and
other situations to minimize expense and legal exposure.
- Employee handbook: Develops, recommends and implements
- Performance management: Promote, coordinate and monitor the
- Employee compensation: Research, advice and coordinate with
manager on matters related to promotions, adjustments, incentives,
new hire pay and merit reviews.
- Continuous improvement: Review, create, eliminate advice on and
improve HR related processes on a continuing basis according to
business needs and cost-benefit factors.
- Employee Benefits: Maintain an awareness of and provide
augmentation for Roper's employee benefit communications and
administration. Leverage the same for the purpose of employee
retention and new employee attraction.
- Training and development: Work with managers to identify and
act upon training and educational needs and opportunities. Serve as
Hardy's main promoter and coordinator for use of corporate Learning
Management Systems and other resources.
- Talent Management: Proven track record of developing high
potential employees and creating development plans for employees.
- Reports and administration: Ensure that proper updates, upkeep
and safekeeping are maintained for job descriptions, employment
records, reports, surveys, etc.
- Work with corporate legal and outside vendors to ensure
compliance with relevant federal, state and local employment laws
and regulations, including workers compensation, disability and
equal opportunity mandates.
- Employee activities: Lead the employee activities committee in
organizing company gatherings that foster a sense of comradery and
spirit de corps among employees. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resource Management or in a relevant
field combined with PHR, SPHR or equivalent certification.
- A minimum of 10 years in progressively responsible HR roles, or
5 years in HR if combined with other roles for a total of 15 years
of relevant experience.
- Information technology. Demonstrated proficiency in the use of
office productivity software, including MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint,
and Outlook. Familiarity and dexterity in the use of HRIS platforms
used for payroll, recruitment, training, etc.
- Communication and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to
exchange information and ideas in a clear, concise, cordial and
persuasive way within and outside of the organization at all levels
and via all mediums.
- Organizational skills. Proven ability to conceptualize
ambiguity and to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks
and projects simultaneously according to business needs. PHYSICAL
AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to remain calm at all times.
- Should be capable of adjusting working hours according to
- Must be able to travel by air and ground according to business
needs. Disclaimer: --The above information on this description has
been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work
performed by employees within this job title. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees
assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Verathon Inc, San Diego , Human Resources Manager, Human Resources , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!