Director Human Resources
Company: Aimbridge Hospitality
Location: San Diego
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Your new career is just a few clicks away! As the global leader
in third-party hotel management, our growing portfolio represents
1,400 hotels in 49 states and 20 countries, from top international
lodging brands to luxury hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle
hotels. Our 60,000 associates around the globe are passionate about
serving our guests and driving exceptional results, and thrive in a
culture where everyone is inspired to be the best. Join a world of
possibility with Aimbridge Hospitality. Aimbridge Hospitality is
the largest third-party hotel management company with upscale,
independent and branded hotels across the Unites States, the
Caribbean, and Canada. Evolution Hospitality, based in San
Clemente, California, manages a carefully curated portfolio of
distinct and stylish lifestyle, boutique, independent and
soft-branded assets in key urban markets across the country. 2011
Crystal Drive, Suite 1100 Arlington, VA 22202 Aimbridge Hospitality
- 5851 Legacy Circle, Suite 400, Plano, TX 75024 - 972-952-0200
Posted Date 2 days ago (1/30/2021 1:14 AM) ID 2021-22442 Location
US-CA-San Diego Category Human Resources Type Regular Status
Full-Time Job Summary The Director of Human Resources is
responsible for staffing qualified personnel; ensuring employment
statute compliance; overseeing all aspects of wage benefit worker's
compensation unemployment; training program direction
implementation and administration; and employee relations coaching
counseling and discipline. Exempt associates are expected to work
as much of each workday as is necessary to complete their job
responsibilities. Exempt managers must customarily and regular
direct the work of at least 3 full-time associates or their
equivalents. Primary duties must consist of administrative
executive or professional tasks more than 50 percent of the time
and job duties must also involve the use of discretion and
independent judgement more than 50 percent of the time.--
- At least 5 years of progressive Human Resources experience in a
hotel or a related industry; or a 4-year college degree and at
least 2 years of related experience; or a 2-year college degree and
3 or more years of related experience.
- Previous supervisory responsibility required.
- College course work in related field helpful
- Familiarity with and knowledge of employment laws are
- Must be proficient in Windows Operating Systems
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses
of action quickly and accurately.
- Must routinely meet deadlines.
- Must be able to multi task.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace
including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information data
etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet
the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding clarifying and
resolving the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information
and data and basic arithmetic functions. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Approach all encounters with guests and Associates in an
attentive friendly courteous and service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge
Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary
according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming
which include compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality dress code and
wearing a name tag when working (per brand standards)
- Comply with and ensure adherence to Aimbridge Hospitality's
standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel
- Comply with certification requirements as applicable for
position to include: Food Handlers Alcohol awareness CPR and First
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Associates must at all times be attentive friendly helpful and
courteous to all guests managers and fellow Associates.
- Direct and supervise Human Resources staff.
- Prepare and maintain Human Resources budget.
- Maintain thorough and current knowledge of all Human
Resources/Associate regulations and laws and ensure that the
property is in compliance.
- Participate in EEO Unemployment Wage & Hour Worker's
Compensation OSHA ADA Immigration and Naturalization Service
hearings. Implement policies and programs to guarantee
- Communicate new policies information and directives to all
- Instruct staff in interpretation of HR policies and
- Ensure staffs compliance with HR policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and monitor recruitment screening and reference
checking of all non-exempt personnel.
- Recruit interview and recommend all exempt personnel
- Maintain Associate benefits programs union relations dues and
welfare pension funds..
- Set up approve and maintain all wage and salary programs
including performance evaluations.
- Recommend and/or approve all Associate transitions i.e. new
hire transfer promotion etc. Assist in creating a positive
team-oriented environment which focuses on the guest through
Associate development and motivation.
- Monitor and analyze turnover statistics
- Conduct training classes.
- Update and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Participate in and monitor safety committee in compliance with
Loss Prevention SOP's.
- Ensure compliance with all HR related Loss Prevention
- Establish and maintain safety incentive program.
- Become a certified trainer in all current HR training
- Participate in and monitor effectiveness of committees.
- Practice positive Associate relations including coaching
counseling & discipline.
- Develop and maintain "no cost" _ benefit programs.
- Monitor training program.
- Participate in and monitor orientation programs.
- Develop managers for future advancement.
- Ensure managers are using coaching counseling and discipline to
- Ensure Associate Opinion Survey is completed by all
- Condense and expedite paperwork develop internal communications
improve record keeping.
- Develop and maintain suggestion box program.
- Plan and edit employee newsletter.
- Manage all personnel files.
- Manage resume and application files
- Develop and monitor recruitment resources.
- Attend meetings/training as required by management.
- Perform other duties as requested by management. Property
Details Set in San Diego, less than 0.6 mi from Maritime Museum of
San Diego, Carte Hotel San Diego Downtown, Curio Collection By
Hilton offers accommodations with a restaurant, private parking, an
outdoor swimming pool and a bar. Among the facilities at this
property are a 24-hour front desk and a concierge service, along
with free WiFi throughout the property. Guests can have a drink at
the snack bar. All guest rooms in the hotel are fitted with a
flat-screen TV. The rooms will provide guests with a fridge. A
continental breakfast is available every morning at Carte Hotel San
Diego Downtown, Curio Collection By Hilton. Company Overview
Explore new opportunities with Aimbridge Hospitality. As the global
leader in third-party hotel management, our growing portfolio
represents 1,400 hotels in 49 states and 20 countries, from top
international lodging brands to luxury hotels, destination resorts
and lifestyle hotels. Our 60,000 associates around the globe are
passionate about serving our guests and driving exceptional
results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is inspired to be
the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge Hospitality.
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time
positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that
includes the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
Keywords: Aimbridge Hospitality, San Diego , Director Human Resources, Human Resources , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!