HR Learning & Development Business Partner
Company: Merlin Entertainments
Posted on: April 9, 2021
HR Learning & Development Business Partner HR Learning &
Development Business Partner
LEGOLAND California, 1 Legoland Dr
Carlsbad, California, 92008
United States JOIN OUR LEGOLAND CALIFORNIA TEAM!
Can you imagine a more exciting place to work? Across theResort we
have two fantastic LEGO themed Hotels, a Water Park, a SEA
LIFEAquarium, more than 60 rides and attractions, 20 food and
beverage locations,and 14 retail stores - the opportunities are
endless!--Whether you join us on a seasonal basis or for a
long-termcareer we can guarantee you a completely unique working
experience within afantastic team environment. There is truly no
other job that is this much fun!
Merlin Entertainments plc is a global leader in location
based,family entertainment. As Europe's Number 1 and the world's
second-largestvisitor attraction operator, Merlin now operates over
120 attractions, 15hotels and 6 holiday villages in 25 countries
and across 4 continents. Thecompany aims to deliver memorable
experiences to more than 65 million visitorsworldwide, through its
iconic global and local brands, and the commitment andpassion of
its 29,000 employees (peak season).--
The Role: HR/Learning & Development BusinessPartner
The Human Resources/Learning & Development Business Partner role is
key tocreating and sustaining LEGOLAND California Resort's unique
culture. Thissenior role partners with business leaders to
understand their commercial goals,priorities and challenges and
identify solutions to deliver the peoplestrategy. This position
will be involved in all aspects of the HRDiscipline with increased
emphasis on Employee Relations, Training andOrganizational
The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills,a
focus on results and a high level of self-awareness. A strong
andcapable Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) will also
possess thecompetence and gravitas to operate at strategic,
tactical and operationallevels and will have flexibility to move
seamlessly between these as thebusiness demands.--
Scope and Responsibilities
- Operates as a member of the Resort's HR team to align the
people strategy to business strategy, decisions and outcomes.
- Strategically provides guidance and supports allocated
departments with recruitment, employee relations, and learning and
development needs through the design and implementation of programs
to increase organizational effectiveness.
- Works with managers on employee relations concerns including
coaching and counseling, investigations and terminations.
- Develops recruitment strategy for departments and supports
local recruitment events as required, utilizing the North America
People Hub for administrative support.
- Oversees the resort's communication and engagement activities
and the successful delivery of resort-wide programs and initiatives
such as the employee engagement survey.
- In terpret and drive departmental action planning as a result
of employee engagement surveys and plan actions with department
- Delivers effective learning & development interventions at all
levels in the resort, utilizing a blended learning approach to
mitigate talent gaps, grow capability and career progression.
- Works with the operations team to drive a culture of learning
across the business and facilitates training programs as
- Manages and delivers Resort orientation sessions when onsite
support is required.
- Assigns and tracks online training through the Learning
- Assists in coaching and equipping managers with standard tools
for effective employee counseling, feedback and planning.
Background and Experience
- Must have 5-7 years of progressive Human Resources
- Must have demonstrated experience in employee relations,
recruitment and learning & development
- Experience within the theme park, tourism, or hospitality
industry is highly preferred
- Must have knowledge of federal and state labor laws
- Requires demonstrated skills in interpersonal relationships,
facilitation and presentations, negotiations, and verbal and
- Must be able and willing to work at both strategic and hands-on
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Products is
- Experience with HRIS and ATS systems such as Ceridian Dayforce
and Cornerstone are advantageous
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or
closely related field is preferred
- PHR/SHRM-CP or SPHR/SHRM-SCP certification is strongly
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings and
weekends to support operations, on occasion.
- Must have valid driver's license, safe driving record, and be
willing to utilize own vehicle for business purposes.
- Must be willing to travel within the U.S. and occasionally
About the Benefits--
You will find a competitive salary and benefits package (including
affordablemedical, vision & dental plans, company paid life
insurance, 401(k)matching plan, share program opportunities, free
entry to all ofour--Merlin attractions worldwide--- which also
extend to family andfriends, and much more.--In addition, you can
expect continued growth ofjoining an exciting, global
Keywords: Merlin Entertainments, San Diego , HR Learning & Development Business Partner, Human Resources , Carlsbad, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!