Vice President, Human Resources
Location: San Diego
Posted on: November 22, 2021
GROW WITH US:
Headquartered in San Diego with customers all over the world,
Tandem Diabetes Care is dedicated to making the lives of people
with diabetes better and better through relentless innovation. "In
Tandem" means together, and we strive to embody that in every
aspect of our business. Our offices are centrally located north of
Downtown with easy access to the freeway.
DIABETES IS ALL WE DO:
At Tandem, Diabetes is all we do. We are the makers of the only
color, touch-screen insulin pump that is capable of remote feature
updates and compatibility with continuous glucose monitoring. Read
more about our company and check out our latest product features
and capabilities here:t:slim X2--- Insulin Pump with Control-IQ---
In addition to innovative technology, we have a culture that
fosters the idea that the happiest people are the most productive
people. We treat our fellow employees like friends and family, and
the company like our own home. This universal respect allows us the
freedom to be ourselves and to be effective at our jobs, knowing at
the end of the day that we can trust everyone to do the right
thing, for each other and for the company. You can learn more about
our culture and life at tandem here: and See what our customers are
saying here: #tsliminthewild
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Drives the long-range strategic planning process for Human
Resources with the goal of promoting organizational growth and
- Participates as a member of the executive team in defining the
strategy and direction of the organization.
- Collaborates with CAO and other executive leaders to coordinate
and prioritize planning.
- Interfaces directly with the Board of Directors, investors, and
regulatory agencies regarding Human Resource matters of the
- Develops organizational strategies by identifying and
researching issues and establishing goals in line with the
- Provides leadership and mentoring to HR team and oversees the
selection, development, performance feedback, training, and
promotion of department employees.
- Implements HR strategies by establishing department goals
across all functions, including workforce planning, talent
acquisition, employment lifecycle, compensation and benefits,
training and development, performance management, succession
planning, employee relations and retention, HR systems, records
management, affirmative action and equal employment opportunity
compliance, and labor relations.
- Ensures the organization's compliance with all federal, state,
and local employment laws and regulations, and governing bodies,
including formal documentation and communication of employment
policies and practices.
- Provides advice, counsel, and assistance to the organization on
HR related issues and programs in alignment with the Company
- Develops HR financial strategies by estimating, forecasting,
and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning
monetary resources; developing action plans and measuring and
- Sets a proactive employee relations strategy to constructively
resolve conflicts and performance issues.
- Meets regularly with department VPs and directors to keep
informed and to offer direction.
- Accomplishes special project results by identifying and
clarifying issues and priorities; communicating and coordinating
requirements; expediting fulfillment; evaluating milestone
accomplishments; evaluating optional courses of action;
reprioritizing assumptions and direction.
- Provides counsel on pay decisions, policy and guideline
interpretation, annual budget increases, and the annual merit
- Directs long and short term planning for the department
including headcount, budgeting, training, and systems
- Serves as a representative of the organization to both internal
and external groups and ensures information communicated is
accurate and up to date regarding organizational
- Ensures integrity, maintenance and confidentiality of all
personnel records in accordance with Company policies and
procedures and applicable Federal and State laws.
- Ensures department's adherence to company policies, including
Privacy/HIPAA, as well as other legal and regulatory
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
YOU'RE AWESOME AT:
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Broad knowledge of California and federal employment law and HR
- Proven leadership, team-building and mentoring skills, a proven
track record of building, leading and working on teams, ability to
coach both peers and direct reports effectively.
- Skilled at creating and communicating a clear vision and
expectations among team members, effectively aligning resources to
achieve functional area goals.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate
effectively both orally and in writing, to establish and maintain
cooperative working relationships with persons inside and outside
- Adept at facilitating communications and presenting information
to small and large groups.
- Skilled at negotiating with external parties and internal
management, influencing senior level leaders regarding matters of
significance to the organization.
- Excellent analytical, management, and organizational
- Experienced with MS Office and HR system tools.
- Minimum certifications/educational level:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration/Human Resources or
- Master's degree preferred.
- SPHR and/or Professional Certificate in Human Resources
Management strongly preferred.
- Minimum experience:
- 15 years diverse experience in all areas of Human
- 10 years in a management role directing a team of HR directors,
managers and staff including workforce planning, employment
lifecycle, compensation and benefits, employee relations and legal
- Medical device/biotech or related industry preferred.
- Experience in multi-state organizations with rapid growth.
International experience valuable.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
At Tandem, our employees are just as important as our customers!
Not only do we hire the best, we reward, develop, and retain them
too. At Tandem we offer competitive compensation packages, superb
medical, dental and vision, a discounted stock purchasing plan,
fitness discounts, generous PTO, casual work attire and more! For a
full list of benefits please review our perks page at
BE YOU, WITH US!
We're always looking for awesome, forward-thinking achievers to
join our workforce. We are committed to making sure our company
fully reflects the diverse consumers who use our product. We are
making strides towards this goal and are firmly committed to being
an equal opportunity employer and maintaining a diverse and
We love a good referral! If you know someone that would be a great
fit for this position, please share!
If you are applying for this job and live in California, please
read Tandem's CCPA Notice:
Keywords: Tandem, San Diego , Vice President, Human Resources, Human Resources , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!