Human Resources Generalist (Compliance)
Company: San Diego County Credit Union
Location: San Diego
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Job BriefThis job requires the utmost in flexibility,
discretion, speed, accuracy, confidentiality, kindness and
patience. Please don't apply unless you love working at a
supersonic pace.This is a non-remote position and will require that
the employee report to work onsite at the designated work
location.This job requires the utmost in flexibility, discretion,
speed, accuracy, confidentiality, kindness and patience. Please
don't apply unless you love working at a supersonic pace.Position
SummaryThe position of Human Resources Generalist (Compliance) is
established to support Human Resources (HR) in the areas of
compliance and employee relations. Maintains HR related forms,
polies, procedures, manuals, handbooks and Sharepoint content to
ensure they are accurate and complaint. Ensures all HR compliance
related deliverables are completed as needed. Maintains quality
service standards set by the organization.Essential Duties and
- Responsible for handling all subpoenas or requests for records
received for current or former employees including notifying
appropriate insurance and legal contacts, coordinating with the
appropriate internal HR stakeholders, reviewing all items for
completeness and accuracy, delivering the items through the
appropriate channels and maintaining documentation of
- Work with HR stakeholders to ensure the timely completion of
all items contained within the HR Project & Compliance Calendar.
Maintain records of all compliance related notifications made to
employees including document name, date sent, and distribution
- Review HR related Sharepoint content on a quarterly basis and
recommend necessary updates to ensure all information, policies,
links, and documents are accurate and up to date.
- Monitor employee-related legislative and regulatory changes
and/or developments. Recommend, develop and revise policies and
procedures to ensure changes to rules and regulations are
restructured and updated within all policies, procedures,
practices, handbooks, and Sharepoint content.
- Responsible for ensuring all HR policies and procedures are
formally documented in the required format. Review on a semi-annual
basis to identify any areas requiring updates and enhancements.
Draft and develop new or updated policies and procedures as
- Maintain all HR forms and handbooks. Review on an annual basis
with management and/or legal as appropriate to ensure they are
accurate and up to date while retaining all historical
- Develop and recommend a variety of templates and training tips
which can be published on Sharepoint.for managers to reference
related to employee relations and performance management
- Attend HR investigation meetings as appropriate. Prepare and
maintain all HR Investigative documentation using the HR
Investigative Report template. Ensure that all participants are
provided with applicable periodic updates of the progress of
investigations until the investigation is closed out and completed.
Maintain a master list of all HR investigations as well as their
status and outcome.
- Responsible for coordinating all HR Boot Camp classes
including: scheduling, sending applicable invites, distributing
content to HR management for review in advance of the class,
finalizing/maintaining the final presentation draft, tracking and
maintaining the attendee list, sending follow up email to attendees
following the course, generate feedback report from attendees and
surfacing the feedback in a meaningful format to management for
- Calculates merit increases and retroactive adjustments, and
processes compensation program payouts as per guidelines.Other
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide back-up support to both the Benefits Coordinator
position as it relates to processing enrollments, completing
monthly billing and balancing and conducting exit interviews.
Provide back-up support to the HR Representative position for all
employee termination processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Physical Demands and Work
EnvironmentThe physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or
feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear. The employee is
frequently required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The
employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb or balance;
and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.The employee must occasionally
lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to
adjust focus.The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate.Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- Associate's Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources
or related field, a certificate in Human Resources Management, or
two years' additional related work experience.
- Functional competency with basic HR body of knowledge, with two
years' experience working in an HR Department to include hands-on
experience with employee relations or other relevant experience in
other areas of HR. Experience in HR must be a level two or
- Working experience and ability to solve complex problems and
deliver solutions where past precedent may not exist. Requires a
significant degree of creativity and the ability to analyze
scenarios, weighing the desirability and/or probability of possible
outcomes in relation to each other.
- Ability to effectively navigate nuance is required.
- College level math and analytical skills.
- Experience conducting employee investigations is
- Demonstrated critical thinking and effective problem-solving
- Professional interpersonal, verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated internal service skills, including patience,
discretion and confidentiality.
- Intermediate level PC and MS Office skills, to include Outlook,
Excel and Word.
- Effective organizational and time management skills. Project
management experience is desirable. Ability to prioritize and
execute multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Detail oriented and demonstrated accuracy.
Keywords: San Diego County Credit Union, San Diego , Human Resources Generalist (Compliance), Human Resources , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!