Human Resources Specialist - Onsite at San Diego, CA
Company: Absorption Systems
Location: San Diego
Posted on: May 15, 2022
As the Human Resource Specialist, you will have the opportunity
to shape the onsite HR processes and the culture of a growing life
sciences company. The onsite Human Resource Generalist is a key
member of the Absorption Systems, San Diego team and will
administer the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR)
department including onboarding of new hires, administering pay,
benefits, and leave, and applying company policies and practices.
Additionally, this individual will assist in employee success
through onboarding, trust building, career discussions, employee
check ins, event planning and other employee focused activities.
The position works closely with the San Diego leadership team
providing counsel concerning performance management, employee
retention and employee relations related
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and
non-mandatory training. This may include leadership and harassment
- Facilitates and administers the onboarding, employee check in,
& off boarding processes.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human
resource programs including but not limited to compensation,
benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and
investigations; performance and talent management; productivity,
recognition, and morale; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants,
employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive
matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings,
terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment
laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews
policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory
changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent
management, and employment law.
- Bi-weekly timecard and payroll review. Paid time off and sick
leave administration. Coordination and reconciliation of payroll,
benefits and HR information while coordinating with the accounting
and payroll team.
- Creates various HR related reports as needed and accurately
maintains employee records.
- Develops and implements employee activities designed to improve
culture and relationships and become a driving force in maintaining
a cooperative and positive work environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Education, Knowledge and
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration,
or related field required.
- 3 plus years of human resource generalist experience
- SHRM-CP or PHR a plus.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of federal, state and
local employment, labor & wage law. California and San Diego labor
and wage law knowledge is also required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the
organization's HCM and applicant tracking systems. ADP Workforce
Now experience preferred, but not required.
- Ability to speak and write Spanish, in addition to English,
- Life Sciences industry experience preferred, but not
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Relationship development skills with the ability to relate to
and empathize with others.
- Excellent collaboration, negotiation, listening, problem
solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and
confidentiality.BenefitsAbsorption Systems cares about our work
community and offers a variety of benefits allowing employees the
opportunity to customize a comprehensive benefits package that
meets their personal needs.About Absorption Systems, a Pharmaron
CompanyAbsorption Systems, founded in 1996, assists pharmaceutical
and medical device companies in identifying and overcoming ADMET
(Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism, Excretion and Toxicity)
barriers in the development of drugs, biologics and medical
devices. Additionally, Absorption Systems goes deep into each of
those areas, offering in vitro, in situ and in vivo models to
assess the properties in question. The company's mission is to
continually develop innovative research tools that can be used to
accurately predict human outcomes or to explain unanticipated human
outcomes when they occur. Absorption Systems has facilities in
Exton, PA, San Diego, CA, and Boston, MA to serve customers
throughout the world.Alongside of our enthusiasm for science and
research, we have a passion to see each and every one of our
employees grow and succeed both personally and professionally. We
encourage our employees to continually enhance their ability to
contribute to the success of the organization and advance their
careers. Absorption Systems is committed to creating an environment
where individuals are encouraged to grow and work in collaboration
with each other while being passionate about innovation. The
professional culture of our organization is a goal oriented
environment full of internally driven and motivated professionals.
Our company is unique in the fact that there is freedom for
autonomy to execute and the ability for each employee to grow in
directions that align their individual aspirations with company
growth.Absorption Systems is proud to be an Equal Employment
Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Keywords: Absorption Systems, San Diego , Human Resources Specialist - Onsite at San Diego, CA, Human Resources , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!