Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Company: ICW Group
Location: San Diego
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Are you looking for more than just a job? Do you want to have a
voice and feel a sense of belonging? At ICW Group, we hire
innovative people who consistently adapt, grow and deliver. We
believe in hard work, a fun work environment, and embracing
creativity that only comes about when talented people collaborate
to develop solutions. Our mission is to create the best insurance
Headquartered in San Diego with regional offices located throughout
the United States, ICW Group has been named for seven consecutive
years as a Top 50 performing P&C company offering the stability
of a large, profitable and growing company combined with a
small-company entrepreneurial spirit. Our purpose-driven ethos
provides team members with opportunities to contribute, develop,
The Senior HR Business Partner is a highly influential and critial
role that will serve as a strategic business partner for assigned
lines of business working side by side with leaders to ensure
people and business objectives are aligned for success. This role
will serve as consultant and coach to leaders and employees
providing advice and support on business issues and change
management initiatives that drive achievement of ICW business
objectives. The position exists to champion our values and ensure a
culture of engagement, contribution, belonging, and
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Partners with leaders to assess key people processes and serves as
a trusted advisor to assigned business units.
* Collaborates with leaders to build a people strategy for their
teams including growth, workforce and succession planning, and
* Advises and takes the lead on transformational initiatives to
enhance leadership competence and organizational development to
ensure the best possible organizational performance to achieve
* Rolls out processes including performance management,
compensation planning, and retention strategies. Advises management
on the impact of organization structure changes considering
individual jobs and titling changes.
* Works with management to develop an effective workforce plan and
strategy and collaborates with talent acquisition to translate the
requirements into an executable plan interviewing talent as
* Conducts needs assessments and develops robust project plans for
key components of talent management approach. Partners with
compensation on the creation of new roles.
* Leads the annual merit and bonus cycle for assigned business
units ensuring fair and consistent application of the performance
* Partners with Learning & Development team on learning initiatives
to ensure employee and leader development, engagement, and
Advises on and facilitates change management strategies to advance
organization culture in alignment with business goals.
* Acts as a change agent for key HR and business changes and
provides project management for assigned key HR projects.
* Conducts performance and organizational readiness
* Refines and rollouts the change management process with the help
of the HR team, managers, and other company resources. Regularly
evaluates progress and revises plan as needed.
* Recommends, designs and/or facilitates various interventions to
drive change initiatives across the organization and its
* Facilitates organizational diagnosis and metrics to drive
efficiency through talent and organizational capabilities and
culture. Guides and advises on organizational design, development,
and change solutions
Assesses, designs, and executes on strategies to promote employee
engagement and productivity for assigned business units.
* Advises leaders on strategies and behaviors to improve employee
engagement; serves as thought leader for the business unit
leadership team by providing innovative and best practices
information on employee engagement, talent, and learning.
* Provides leadership on performance management and its
use/effectiveness and suggests improvements in program content,
metrics, and technology to support the culture and business
objectives of ICW group.
* Serves as knowledge expert and consultant developing trusted
relationships with business leaders to implement HR programs to
promote engagement and retention.
* Partners with assigned managers to identify top talent and
succession candidates. Identifies gaps and opportunities to drive
This job does not have formal supervisory responsibilities but may
guide project teams in the accomplishment of goals.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE
* Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university required
with a major or emphasis in Business Administration, Organizational
Behavior, Education, or related field. Additional experience may be
considered in lieu of degree. Master's degree preferred.
* Minimum 5 years of related HR experience required.
* Certification in Organizational Development or Human Resources
Working knowledge in developing and designing organization
effectiveness and engagement programs, performance management and
evaluation of programs. Demonstrated skills in structured project
management, written and verbal communication skills, facilitation,
and internal consulting. Experience leading project teams,
successfully utilizing problem-solving, analytical, and critical
thinking skills in a complex business environment. Experience
designing and implementing change management plans in an
organization of 500 or more employees.
Ability to exercise discretion, confidentiality, and independent
judgment in the performance of responsibilities. Strong
interpersonal skills and ability to model team member behavior.
Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or
employees of the organization, executive-level presentation
experience. Ability to write speeches and articles using original
or innovative techniques or styles. Ability to make effective and
persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex
topics to top management. Basic understanding of statistics and
measurement techniques. Ability to define problems, collect data,
establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
WHY JOIN ICW GROUP?
* A flexible work schedule, hybrid and remote opportunities
* Challenging work and the ability to make a difference
* You will have a voice and feel a sense of belonging
* We offer a competitive benefits package, with generous medical,
dental, and vision plans as well as 401K retirement plans
* Want to continue learning? We'll support you 100%
Keywords: ICW Group, San Diego , Senior Human Resources Business Partner, Human Resources , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!