Company: CARDINAL SERVICES LTD.
Location: San Diego
Posted on: January 25, 2023
WELCOME TO YOUR CENTER!
Established as a community non-profit in 1972, The Center provides
targeted programs and services to the full diversity of the San
Diego LGBTQ community. The mission of The Center is to enhance and
sustain the health and well-being of the lesbian, gay, bisexual,
queer, transgender, nonbinary, immigrant, and HIV communities for
the betterment of our entire San Diego region. Our vision is to
create a Center and Center culture where every person feels and
knows that they are welcomed, valued, and supported. As the beacon
for our regional LGBTQ community, we actively recommit to being a
more vibrant, bold, innovative, safe, and modern center each day
than the day before. The Center is sex-positive and provides
advocacy and critical health and social support services to support
our community members through all stages of life, focusing on our
deeply held values of equity, social justice, and client-centered,
trauma-informed care. The Center currently has over 75 staff
working at five facilities across San Diego County.
As a part of The CENTER's commitment to the health and safety of
our employees, clients, and community members, all employees must
show proof of being immunized and boosted against the COVID-19
Under the general supervision of the CFO, the PS performs all
responsibilities in the processing and distributing of The Center's
semi-monthly in-house payroll in a timely and accurate manner. The
PS is responsible for daily entry of payroll processing, providing
excellent customer service, and supporting the Finance Department.
The PS is responsible for ensuring compliance with Federal and
State agencies regarding paychecks and proper pay practices.
PRIMARY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates,
including new hires, separations, changes to pay rates, positions,
labor allocations, and benefits.
- Maintains supporting schedules for semi-monthly and off-cycle
- Reviews timecards for completeness, accuracy, and proper
approvals, including accuracy of coding, number of hours, and type
- Resolves differences in on-time records before processing
- Process semi-monthly and off-cycle payroll.
- Prepares general ledger journal entries for processed
- Reconciles payroll general ledger accounts and payroll bank
accounts for monthly close.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll
- Trains new employees on the use of the payroll system.
- Maintain and update payroll process procedures.
- Respond to EDD requests for information, including State
- Work with the People & Culture team to complete SUI requests
- Process garnishment and wage withholding orders and enter them
into the payroll system.
- Reconcile group insurance and other benefit invoices with
employee deductions and correct any discrepancies.
- Generate payment requests for monthly premium statements for
all group insurance policies and other benefits.
- Manage the "payroll" support email account and
- Assist People & Culture team in completing benefits and Workers
Compensation reporting requirements.
- Assist the Senior Director of P&C and the CFO with 401(k)
administrative functions and audits.
- Assist with Finance department audits as needed.
- Work closely with the People & Culture team regarding employee
changes such as salary, position, and benefit elections.
- Work closely with the Contracts team regarding staff labor
Experience: 1-3 years with payroll or accounting/finance for 50
Education: High school graduate.
Computer Skills: MS Excel (Intermediate-Level).
Experience: 1-3 years with payroll or accounting with non-profit,
social justice, a queer organization for 100 employees.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Human
Resources, or another related field.
Computer Skills: MS Excel (Advanced), Payroll (Paylocity),
Accounting (Financial Edge), and Benefits (Employee Navigator) are
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Compensation: The pay range for this position is $20.50 to
$24.50 and is commensurate with experience. This is a Full-Time
- Benefits: The CENTER offers a robust benefits package,
inclusive of Competitive Pay Scales, 401(k) Retirement Plan (with
company match), Flex Time Opportunities, Full Medical, Dental,
Vision, and Chiropractic Health Coverage, Out-of-Pocket Optional
Coverage for Spouses, Domestic Partners, and Dependent Children,
Full-time and Part-Time Schedules, Generous Vacation and Holiday
Benefits, Professional Training & Development Experiences,
Opportunities for Promotion & Advancement.
Please review the current job openings by clicking the button
below. If you believe you possess the heart and skills for any of
these (or any other) exciting job opportunities, we encourage you
to apply. Instructions for how to apply are included in each job
announcement. We regret that we are unable to accept telephone
Equal Opportunity Employer
The San Diego LGBTQ Community Center is an equal opportunity
employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability
(mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and
medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic
information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran
status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious
creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and
related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.
Keywords: CARDINAL SERVICES LTD., San Diego , Payroll Specialist, Human Resources , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!