HR Leave Administrator - Remote, Work From Home
Company: J&J Worldwide Services
Location: San Diego
Posted on: January 27, 2023
DescriptionGeneral SummaryAs a member of the HR department, the
HR Leave Administrator performs administrative duties related to
FMLA, Company Medical Leave, Workers Compensation, Unemployment,
and other human resources issues.Essential Duties and
- Communicates with employees regarding their needs for leave
and/or modified work schedules. Ensures that employees are aware of
their responsibilities and of any documentation and notice required
to qualify for and to take leave.
- Handles the FMLA leave administration process from the
employees initial notice of the need for leave to the return to
work. This includes gathering and completing all required
paperwork, determining leave eligibility, designating leave as
FMLA-qualifying, requesting medical certification as needed, and
accounting for intermittent and reduced schedule leave use.
- Maintains reasonable communication with employees on leave to
facilitate smooth and timely return to work; relays communication
between employees and their managers during leave within
- Advises managers and employees on the interaction of leave laws
with paid time off, workers compensation, and short-term and
long-term disability benefits.
- Oversees the return-to-work process for employees returning
from extended FMLA, workers compensation, or other leave(s).
- Facilitates other leave requests, which may include
accommodation requests under the ADA.
- Administers other company time-off programs as assigned in
accordance with internal policy and applicable laws.
- Maintains complete and accurate records of leave and
accommodation requests in accordance with specified legal
requirements and documentation of best practices.
- Preserves confidentiality of employee medical documentation and
- Maintains knowledge of all applicable leave and accommodation
laws including the FMLA, ADA, and state and local laws.
- Reviews and processes unemployment insurance claims and
documents. Interviews managers to gather facts on claims being
- Perform HR Reporting.
- Provide exceptional customer service to J&J internal and
- Other duties as assigned.Knowledge, Experience and Skill
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration
- Minimum of three (3) years experience working with one or more
absence tracking tools.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience working in a Human
Resources position or an equivalent combination of education and
experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties
of the job.
- Knowledge of all applicable leave and accommodation laws
including the FMLA, ADA, and state and local laws.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience working in a diverse, multi-location environment is
preferred.Physical, Environmental and Sensory Requirements
- Work environment is a typical office setting.
- Physical demands include intermittent sitting, standing, and
walking, and occasional bending reaching and lifting.
- Limited exposure to elements such as heat, cold, noise, dust,
dirt, chemicals, etc. but generally not to the point of being
disagreeable.This job description is subject to change by the
employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job
change.We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment
substance abuse testing.Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: J&J Worldwide Services, San Diego , HR Leave Administrator - Remote, Work From Home, Human Resources , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!