Certified Athletic Trainer
Company: Potomac Healthcare Solutions
Location: San Diego
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Certified Athletic Trainer
Naval/Marine Bases - Multiple Locations
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Screen target population for conditions related to readiness
- Provide services within scope of practice that do not require
privileging and/or as stipulated by MEDCOM policies. Examples of
services limited to privileged providers include, but are not
limited to, dry needling/acupuncture, cupping, blood flow
restriction, prescribing medications, and ordering laboratory and
radiology imaging studies and would therefore not be authorized
services to be performed by the ATC.
- Provide education, instruction, and guidance to Soldiers and BN
leadership, within scope of practice and as determined by team
leadership that is integrated with SRT2P team efforts and
synchronized with BN training calendar.
- Document in the Soldier's official electronic health record any
encounter involving the observation, treatment or care of a medical
- Provide ATC supplies and equipment recommendations to the SRT2P
team for approval by SRT2P Coordinator.
- Coordinate with SRT2P team to develop and execute approved
training programs for Soldiers with and without physical
- Ensure safe and effective operation of equipment used for
patient care and contribute to a safe working environment. Minimum
- Minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience with a
Bachelor's Degree or two (2) years of relevant experience with a
Master's Degree from a college or university accredited by the
Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE).
Relevant experience is defined as developing and executing task and
environment specific functional injury control and
health/well-being programs for groups of athletes or Service
Members focused on a common sport or mission performance goal.
Relevant experience must have been performed within the last 5
years. Employment related to internships or graduate work is not
considered as relevant experience.
- National Athletic Trainer Association Board of Certification
- Possess and maintain a current, active, valid unrestricted
license in any of the 50 Unites States, the District of Colombia,
the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S.
- BLS with automated external defibrillators (AED) certification.
The American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare
Providers is the only program accepted.
- Physical Demands: Required to observe BN specific training
events (e.g., shooting ranges, obstacle courses, combatives). Be
physically able to hike in austere environment and terrain (i.e.
rocky, no running water, no shelter, no bathroom, no climate
control, inclimate weather, loud, smoky) while carrying their own
backpack with necessary supplies. Be physically able to lift and
manipulate loads and weight plates up to 45 pounds. Potomac
Healthcare Solutions offers the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Employer Paid - Basic Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment
and Short-Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- 10 Federal Holidays
- Continuing Education
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Incentives and More
About Potomac Healthcare Solutions:
Potomac Healthcare Solutions is an award-winning, dynamic, and
rapidly growing healthcare services company with a proven
background in providing world-class health services for both
government and commercial organizations. We are actively recruiting
skilled, caring practitioners to support our rapidly growing
program base and supported healthcare facilities. If you would like
to be a part of a quality-driven organization and make a
difference, we would like to talk to you!
If you do not find interest in this opportunity but know of someone
who may, we kindly ask that you refer the individual to Potomac
Healthcare Solutions by forwarding this job posting.
We especially welcome employment interest of US Military Veterans
with honorable service.
Potomac Healthcare Solutions, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Potomac Healthcare Solutions, San Diego , Certified Athletic Trainer, Human Resources , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...