Chief Human Resources Officer
Location: San Diego
Posted on: November 18, 2023
The Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) is a key executive
leadership role responsible for all aspects of the human resources
function within the organization. The CHRO plays a critical role in
remodeling Flock's HR strategies to align with the company's goals
and objectives, driving a high performance culture throughout the
firm, attracting and retaining top talent, and leveraging personnel
data for firm strategy decisions.
- Establish the vision and strategic direction of the human
resources team to support the overall success of the organization,
which includes setting strategies in the following areas: talent
acquisition, engagement and retention, total rewards, learning and
development, performance management, diversity, equity and
inclusion, and people analytics.
- Contribute as a thought leader within the organization, advise
the CEO and members of the executive and senior leadership teams,
produce data-driven insights to maximize ROI on employee
- Present the firm's HR strategy to the board of directors upon
- Oversee the HR team's partnership with functional leaders to
ensure alignment and support to departmental needs, company
objectives and employee advocacy.
- Define and deploy a performance management framework that is
rooted in our mission and values, and focuses on effective
strategies to improve performance, growth and development of our
people and teams.
- Drive uniform processes and regular performance reviews
throughout all departments. Monitor and analyze resulting
performance data to leverage team and personal capabilities to
drive strategic decisions.
- Continuously evolve talent strategy including sourcing,
interviewing, hiring and onboarding, all of which target top talent
and reduce time to hire.
- Oversee and drive a data-first approach to talent acquisition and
share with relevant ELT and SLT members.
- Guide employee engagement and DEI initiatives. Celebrate the
unique contributions of our diverse workforce and drive cross
- Champion cultural initiatives company-wide to reinforce
- Oversee employee relation matters including concerns, grievances
and investigation process ensuring employees are treated fairly and
equitably. - - Review and improve firm policies and training
materials to mitigate personnel risk.
Total Rewards & Compensation
- Develop and execute comprehensive job leveling and salary bands
across all departments to improve hiring, promotion, and dehiring
- Drive benefits, variable compensation structures, equity, and
other compensation strategies to align performance with company
- Identify key market performance indicators for total rewards and
assess - - Flock's success and market competitiveness against its
- Create employee development and career paths that are applicable
across departments and improve retention and growth of
- Establish quantitative and qualitative metrics, guidelines, and
standards by which the company's personnel strategies can be
measured and improved.
- Compile uniform performance data to drive better personnel
- Regularly report on key department data to the CEO and ELT.
HR Processes and Compliance
- Develop and execute best-in-class industry practices for
personnel management; leverage current and new software to improve
- Form and execute HR strategies, policies, and procedures to
ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Drive the
Company's personnel processes and system to IPO readiness.
- Establish a culture of compliance and adherence to ethical
- Proactively identify potential liabilities and mitigate firm and
- 10+ years of experience in an HR leadership role with a proven
- Experience taking a company through IPO a plus
- Prior industry experience in freight and/or technology a plus
- Strong knowledge of employment and labor laws and regulations
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Strategic thinking with the ability to align HR initiatives with
- Exceptional leadership and team management skills
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or
a related field
- Master's degree preferred
- Professional certification highly desired (SHRM SCP or SPHR)
Keywords: Confidential, San Diego , Chief Human Resources Officer, Human Resources , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!