Human Resources Manager - City Cruises
Company: Hornblower Group
Location: San Diego
Posted on: November 18, 2023
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a
reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, you will
find the contact information to request the appropriate
accommodation by visiting the following page:City Cruises is
seeking a Human Resources Manager for our operation in
California.About You:This person will be adaptable, dynamic, and
embody City Experiences' RESPECT Service System.About the
Opportunity:The HR Manager works collaboratively with VP of HR to
ensure that select administrative, operational, and project
management deliverables are completed. This position reports to the
VP of HR and works closely with Shared Services Payroll team. The
role provides ongoing input to help shape the HR agenda and
improvement strategies to enhance the employee experience.
- Will be responsible for managing daily human resources
operations; and work directly with GM and port leadership as the
local HR business partner.
- Quickly and responsibly resolve employee relations issues which
may include preparing performance improvement plans, conducting
employee meetings and internal and external investigations.
- Conduct pre-hire and on-boarding activities to support new
hires for City Experiences: background checks, E-Verify, and
processing in company HRIS system (UKG).
- Facilitate and lead new hire orientation.
- Manage employee relations with support of VP of HR.
- Keep track of SCA compliance and make sure that the company
follows the regulations.
- Support collaboratively managers and employees.
- Conduct or request coaching on diverse topics such as
communications, performance management, employee relations, team
performance, food safety and handling.
- Manage coaching and counseling process specific to performance
- Ensure all employee terminations have met proper internal
approvals from leadership.
- Work with Director of Training to develop training curriculum
and ensure employee compliance training is conducted on an agreed
- Lead Employee Engagement Survey administration and
- Ensure understanding and adherence of all port, local, state,
and federal laws.
- Manage HRIS date entry and integrity in accordance with payroll
- Works directly with Regional Talent Acquisition Specialist to
- Ensure annual performance reviews are conducted on a timely
- Represent company at unemployment hearings.
- Oversee recognition programs (birthdays, anniversaries, company
- Manage all leave benefits in accordance with state and federal
compliance, including company paid leave and short-term
- Benefits administration utilizing benefits shared services to
coordinate local enrollment.
- Manage and track crew required certification and licenses.
- Oversee and manage Random Drug Testing Program in accordance
with company standards and US Coast Guard requirements, as
- Additional job duties assigned.Requirements & Qualifications:
- Minimum 3-5 years of prior human resources management
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required, SPHR/PHR
- Hospitality, restaurant, travel/tourism experience
- Strong understanding of state, federal and local California
- Highly collaborative with strong interpersonal skills to
successfully work across the company.
- Embody our culture and values in all interactions.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Previous experience with HRIS and Payroll systems, UKG
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability
to handle multiple tasks under pressure.
- Flexible and adaptable to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing
- Quick learner, creative, and strategic thinker.
- Ability to travel to two different sites as required on a
weekly basis.About Us:City Experiences' passion is to provide
amazing experiences on land and water. Our 40-year success through
organic growth and acquisitions has resulted in a portfolio of over
25+ brands that welcome upwards of 30 million guests/riders
annually. If you're an enthusiastic team player who thrives in an
environment where communication, creativity, and cooperation are
encouraged, this may just be the opportunity for you.The RESPECT
Service System embodies City Experiences' mission, vision, values
and operating principles. By creating a company culture that puts
RESPECT at its core, we believe it will drive us to achieve our
goal of becoming a Global Experiences and Transportation Leader.The
Company -is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and
harassment against any applicants or employees based upon their
race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical
disability, status as a protected veteran, or other characteristics
prohibited by applicable law. - -Additionally, we encourage all
qualified applicants including those with past arrest or conviction
records to apply. -The Company -participates in the E-Verify
program in certain locations. -We encourage qualified applicants
with arrest and conviction records to apply.
Keywords: Hornblower Group, San Diego , Human Resources Manager - City Cruises, Human Resources , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!