Employment Service Supervisor
Company: Public Consulting Group
Location: San Diego
Posted on: March 18, 2019
About Public Consulting Group
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sector management consulting and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,000 professionals in more than 50 offices around the US, in Canada and in Europe. PCG's Human Services practice helps state, county, and municipal human services agencies to achieve their performance goals in order to better serve populations in need. PCG's Human Services' seasoned professionals offer proven solutions to help agencies design programs, services, and systems; increase program revenue; cut costs; and improve regulatory compliance with state and federal regulations. To learn more, visit http://www.publicconsultinggroup.com/humanservices/.
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) currently seeks highly organized and detail-oriented individuals to aid in our mission to support low income families in San Diego County. PCG offers opportunities with challenges and performance-driven rewards to all of our staff. Our corporate culture attracts individuals who are interested in making an immediate impact on their community as well as their own career.
PCG is seeking highly motivated and dependable Employment Service Supervisor with an interest in public service who can work in our San Diego, CA CalWORKS Welfare-to-Work/Refugee employment services operation. The Employment Service Supervisor will be responsible for supervising, mentoring and motivating Program Assistants, Employment Training Instructors, Job Developers and Placement Coordinators to ensure they follow procedural requirements of CalWORKs. The Employment Service Supervisor will support the Assistant Program Director in the development of employment sites (for WEX, Paid WEX and ESE) and monitor of Job Club outcomes and curriculum.
- Oversee performance of employment service staff to ensure that participants receive quality and timely services.
- Ensure that program objectives and goals are met.
- Ability to understand and apply employment service reporting.
- Communicate effectively with participants, employment service staff, and county representatives regarding WTW program requirements.
- Monitor and manage projects and trends to identify training needs.
- Support and manage Lab Attendants, Employment Training Instructors, Job Developers and Placement Coordinators.
- Ability to coach and mentor staff.
- Working knowledge of Job Club requirements.
- Working knowledge of Expanded Subsidized Employment.
- Working knowledge of Work Experience and Paid Work Experience.
- Ensure completion of ESE reporting.
- Adhere to CPG policy, compliance requirements and support in training of lab attendants, Employment Training Instructors, Job Developers and Placement Coordinates
- Resolve conflicts that arise with participants.
- Attend county and community meetings to develop a relationship within the community for possible future collaborations
- Conduct weekly, monthly Employment Service teams meetings as necessary.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of CalWORKs procedures and implement appropriately.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of community resources, labor market and training resources.
- Complete all necessary county paper documents and forms.
- Display a professional level of empathy for participants and respect for cultural differences.Ability to learn specialized databases and software systems.
- Must be computer literate and have MS Word, Excel and Internet skills.
- Process oriented and results-driven work strategy.
- Ability to work across all levels of management and staff.
- Proper etiquette including customer relation techniques, superior verbal and communications skills.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to recognize and maintain the confidentiality of all materials in the work setting.
- Understanding of modern office methods and practices, efficient with computers.
- Demonstrated ability to use various computer systems preferably CalWIN although not required
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with federal, state and county agencies as well as the general public.
- Ability to partner with and motivate participants with both physical and/or mental disabilities.
- Ability to maintain a record keeping and follow-up system.
- Ability to work independently, requiring minimal supervision and on multiple projects simultaneously.
Required Education and Experience:
A Bachelor's degree preferred.
At least 2 years of supervisory experience, preferred.
3 to 4 years of customer relationship management or case management experience, preferred.
Keywords: Public Consulting Group, San Diego , Employment Service Supervisor, Human Resources , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!