Senior Information System Security Officer II, Cyber Compliance
Location: Del Mar
Posted on: September 14, 2020
Senior Computer System Security Technologist II Raytheon Missile
&Defense (RMD) (Multiple Work Location options) RMD Digital
Technology (RMD DT) - Cybersecurity & Compliance Information System
Security Officer (ISSO) Be a part of cutting edge Technology and
Innovation. Make your next move to Raytheon Missile & Defense
(RMD). The RMD Digital Technology (DT) organization embraces the
opportunity to deliver business value by connecting business
insight with technical expertise and innovation. We're continuously
pushing the envelope to create leading-edge secure technological
solutions for complex systems and program challenges. In joining
our team, you will have the opportunity to be an integral part of a
team responsible for managing business risk through the
implementation of cost effective IT controls. As a Senior Computer
System Security Technologist II you will be a member of the RMD DT
Information System Security Officer (ISSO) group. As an ISSO you
will serve as an advisor on all technical and policy matters,
involving the security of information systems assigned. In this
role, you will partner with IT system administrators to assess
unclassified information systems to assure compliance with
applicable IT security policies, including but not limited to
compliance with National Institute of Standards & Technology (NIST)
Special Publication (SP) 800-171 and 800-53. As an ISSO you will
support risk assessments and assist with selection of IT controls
to achieve compliance. Your role will also include conducting
assessments of Information Systems (ISs) seeking an Authority To
Operate (ATO), assisting with the development of remediation plans
and making recommendations to grant ATO for an IS to the Chief
Information Security Officer (CISO). This role can be based at one
of several RMD locations throughout the Domestic US: CA - San Diego
(Primary), CA - Fullerton, IN - Fort Wayne, MA - Andover, MA -
Marlborough, MA - Tewksbury, MA - Woburn. If relocation is
absolutely necessary for the selected applicant (ie they do not
live within commuting distance to any of the specified locations),
support will be offered as a capped amount if the applicant is
eligible per company policy. Responsibilities associated with this
- Create, consult on, and ensure the completion of Security
Assessment Packages (SAPs) for RMD managed systems as part of the
Information Risk Assessment and Management Process (IRAMP).
- Capture and refine security requirements for ISs to which you
- Ensure the security requirements are effectively integrated
into the IS through purposeful security architecting, design,
development, and configuration.
- Request export control review (according to RMD policy
instruction PI-OGC-GTC-5012) for systems that process Export
- Assist IT system admins to complete and maintain SAPs for an
IS, ensuring the SAP is kept current throughout the lifecycle of
- Perform assessments of ISs against associated SAPs including
- Monitor the operational security posture for ISs to which they
are assigned and ensure the ISs operate in accordance with their
SAP and have a current ATO.
- Conduct annual security reviews of assigned ISs.
- Initiate the IRAMP for an existing system if a proposed change
affects the security controls or security posture of the IS or for
- Conduct reviews and analysis of waiver requests for their
assigned IS. Ensure that if the request is approved, the SAP Plan
of Action and Milestones (POA&M) documents the residual risk(s)
associated with the waiver.
- Contribute to successful completion of Information Security
- Educate users/colleagues on information security topics such as
policies, standards, guidelines and best practices. Required
- 6+ years overall directly related Information
Technology/Information Assurance experience or equivalent
- Understanding the implementation of NIST SP 800-171 and/or NIST
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or
- Proven experience with enterprise risk management concepts
including strategic, operational and technical risk
- Proven ability to assess system compliance against standards
and IT Security Policies.
- Ability to identify risks and propose risk mitigation solutions
to harden systems.
- Established technical writing skills Desired Skills:
- Passion for information security and demonstrated willingness
to be a life-long learner
- CCNA, CISSP-ISSAP, CISSP-ISSEP or equivalent.
- Ability to participate on cross-functional teams to resolve
complex challenges and shape future opportunities.
- Familiarity with audit concepts and strategies in a highly
complex, regulated environment.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation
- Familiarity with DOD Defense Counterintelligence and Security
Agency (DCSA) audit procedures
- Familiarity with processes to harden computer systems.
- Ability to work multiple complex initiatives
- Strong interpersonal skills - ability to dialogue, negotiate,
influence and work with others collaboratively and
- Eligibility to obtain a US DOD Secret Security Clearance.
Except in Rare Cases, only US Citizens are eligible to obtain US
Security Clearances. Education (including Major):
- BS/BA degree - Majors include (not limited to): Information
Technology, MIS, Engineering, Science, Mathematics or Business
- Non Degreed applicants with significant applicable experience
will be considered at the hiring manager's discretion Raytheon
Missile & Defense (RMD) continues to be in the Top 100 Best Places
to Work in IT offering flexible work schedules including compressed
work weeks, and telecommuting. As a company, RMD has also been
recognized in the 100 Best Corporate Citizens, awarded especially
high marks in the areas of the environment, philanthropy and
financial transparency. Let us be your partner for achieving
professional success, with opportunities to have flexible
schedules, work in a diverse and supportive work environment, and
gain access to professional learning and growth opportunities.
165975Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, or protected Veteran status.
Keywords: RTX, San Diego , Senior Information System Security Officer II, Cyber Compliance, IT / Software / Systems , Del Mar, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!