SW design/development engineer - ADAS/Autonomy R&D
Company: Qualcomm Incorporated
Location: San Diego
Posted on: November 22, 2020
Company:Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.Job Area:Engineering Group,
Engineering Group > Software EngineeringJob Overview:Qualcomm is
a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid
acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will
transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is
just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills,
backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into
world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age
- and this is where you come in.
We are seeking smart, innovative and motivated individuals to join
the Qualcomm Autonomous Driving Research and Development team in
San Diego. You will have the opportunity to work with a group of
top talents in localization & mapping, computer vision, sensor
fusion, deep learning, robotics, planning, control & connectivity
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Design and development of most cutting edge Qualcomm Autonomous
Driving software stack
- Design, development, and optimization of algorithms solving
complex problems related to Sensor Fusion
- Work closely with test engineer to develop and define test
plans for validating performance in simulations and real-world
- Develop software SDK targeted for automotive autonomous
driving, including considerations for safety and security.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer
Science, or related field.
- 5+ years Software Engineering or related work experience.
- 2+ years experience with Programming Language such as C, C++,
Java, Python, etc.
- Masters or PhD degree in an Engineering discipline
- Python (or similar) programming for test data analysis and
- Experience with sensor fusion and multi-sensor integration,
system-level timing distribution
- Experience working with, modifying, and creating advanced
- Experience with robust software design for safety-critical
- Familiarity with ROS/ROS2, DDS, Adaptive AUTOSAR middleware and
- 3+ years of experience with modern C++ SW design and
development, and unit testing
- 3+ years of experience with multi-threaded / multi-core SW
development and design
- 5+ years of experience with modern source code management
tools: Git, Git-LFS, Git-Repo, Github/Gitlab
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to
work with a cross-functional team
- Analytical and scientific mindset, with the ability to solve
- Familiar with software development in both Linux and embedded
- Experienced in large software framework development cycle
Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and need an
accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call
Qualcomm's toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm
will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support
individuals with disabilities to be able participate in the hiring
process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace
accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal
opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only
for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting
agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not
authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or
resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited.
Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from
agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm
employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not
responsible for any fees related to unsolicited
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or
any other protected classification.
Keywords: Qualcomm Incorporated, San Diego , SW design/development engineer - ADAS/Autonomy R&D, IT / Software / Systems , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!