Posted on: January 14, 2021
Provide daily support of all production systems, including
maintenance and enhancements. Work with end-users to define
business requirements. Develop, test, and ensure accuracy and
functionality of solution. The applications involved include
CRM, laboratory information systems, specimen accessioning, and
medical billing web based applications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Note: Other duties may be assigned.
• Work with end-users to identify, define, develop, test, and
deliver resolution to new and recurring system problems and
enhancement requests. Ensure understanding and impact of
requests and solutions to all systems.
• Modify database code and/or query, insert, update, or delete data
in one or more database(s) as needed to resolve issues in
• Develop and implement system and software production fixes while
assessing risk and acquiring approvals when emergency changes are
• Ad-hoc data reporting and analysis using SQL. Research and
resolve web application issues by stepping through and debugging
• Suggest, document, and implement short-term code fixes to
production applications and database code.
• As needed provide training/instructions to users for new features
• Participate in database and web development projects as
Note: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be
able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill,
and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
• Ability to accommodate after hours and weekend support with other
members of the team.
• Demonstrated ability to learn quickly.
• Demonstrated ability and desire to take initiative to investigate
and quickly resolve technical problems and find solutions.
• Demonstration of creative thinking and strong problem solving
• Ability and desire to be a team player.
• Ability to work with aggressive timelines, multi-task, assess
risk, prioritize, and adjust based on workload.
• Ability to follow standards, procedures, and best practices.
• Ability to communicate effectively with users, vendors and
• Ability to understand high level and low level system details
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related
• Minimum of four (4) years related experience in software
development with a focus on relational databases.
• Demonstrated skills utilizing and debugging applications written
• Demonstrated proficiency in stored procedures, triggers,
functions, and views.
• Experience using SQL Profiler a plus.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience using Microsoft SQL server
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience utilizing web and windows
Keywords: , San Diego , Support Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Carlsbad, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!