Company: Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Location: San Diego
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Position Title: System AdministratorOrganization: Jewish Family
ServicePosition Type: Full-time, ExemptBenefits: Benefits for this
position include a 401(k) plan, medical, dental and vision
coverage, flexible spending accounts, life insurance and generous
holiday benefits. Position Overview: JFS is looking for a
compassionate, mission-driven System Administrator to service the
day to day operations of the IT Infrastructure team including- but
not limited to Deployments, infrastructure improvements,
infrastructure related to site technology, and project management
(infrastructure related). The System Administrator will assist the
Infrastructure Manager with research/selection/project
management/deployment of relevant technology initiatives. This role
will be responsible for maintaining all related infrastructure,
ensuring the respective areas are focusing on the goals and objects
laid out by the IT Director and COO. The System Administrator will
also work closely with the IT Team on any related projects with
- Performs analysis of server infrastructure environment needs
and contributes to design architecture, integration and
- Maintains hardware and software lifecycle maintenance and asset
- Works with consultants to ensure that the computer system
platforms provide sufficient computing resources to deliver the
desired level of business performance.
- Coordinates with other departments in order to understand and
meet their requirements.
- Evaluates hardware and software requirements and capabilities
and makes recommendations. Checks systems in order to optimize
performance and to initiate recovery action after system
- Establishes budgetary requirements for equipment
- Establishes and controls systems access and security. Performs
regular security access audit reviews.
- Monitors customer service and maintains infrastructure
stability, collects and analyzes key performance metrics required
for regular consumption and capacity analysis.
- Manages computer operation scheduling, backup, storage and
- Coordinates third-party maintenance for hardware and software
- Develops or establishes strong relationships with service
- Prepares and maintains documentation of platform configurations
and infrastructure architecture.
- Maintains and tests disaster recovery plans.
- Performs other non-essential duties as assignedProject
- Administer and Maintain new Cisco Meraki network
- Assist the effort in cutover to new VoIP cloud system.
- Assist the effort in cutover to new ISP and SD-WAN
solution.Network & Related Duties
- Maintain and optimize local company networks and servers
- Be responsible for device and password management
- Maintain data backup and system security operations (e.g. user
- Manage installations, upgrades and configurations of hardware
and software (switches, WAPs, Routers, Firewalls)
- Assess system performance and recommend improvements
- Resolve issues escalated by help desk technicians
- Ensure data is handled, transferred or processed according to
legal and company guidelines
- Provide support and guidance to stakeholders on projects
- Control costs and budgets regarding IT systems
- Manage contracts with vendors (e.g. development platforms,
telecommunication companies, password managers) and software
- Develop IT policies and practices
- Maintain security camera infrastructure
- Maintain Hyper-V infrastructure
- Maintain Active Directly, 365, Exchange, SharePoint, and
OneDrive Skills/Abilities that are a Must-Have:
- Expert in Microsoft 365, Teams, SharePoint online.
- Advanced Proficiency with TCP/IP Connectivity, DNS and
- Strong networking skills; in-depth knowledge of switches and
- Full knowledge of TCP/IP Subnetting & wireless
- Proven experience with wireless technologies
- Expert in MS Exchange
- Expert in Windows Server Technology.
- Proven knowledge managing Active Directory
- Expert knowledge in VoIP technologies
- PowerShell Scripting
- Hyper-V and virtualization technologies
- SAN / NAS Storage technologies
- Fundamental security knowledge, including firewalls,
packet-filtering, Next Generation Firewalls (NGFW).Skills/Abilities
we'd like you to Have:
- Experience managing Cisco Meraki networking
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or
comparable experience plus a minimum of 5-8 years in production IT
management; or an equivalent combination of education and
- Advanced networking certifications preferred.
- Advanced industry standard certifications a plus.
- Extensive experience required managing teams and with
responsibility for completing complex deployment projects within
budget and on specific timelines.
- Experience designing and/or troubleshooting server
infrastructure problems and providing superior customer service.
Experience with popular server OS platforms.
- Experience working with network monitoring systems or
- Detailed understanding of IP addressing, IP routing protocols,
Internet technologies and standards, Internet security issues,
circuit technologies, communications engineering standards, web and
network access technologies, computer office software suites.
- Extensive experience managing complex Active Directory
- Extensive experience managing VoIP systems. Read to Move
Forward: To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume on
the following link; Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Please, no phone calls. Please, principals only. Please, local
candidates only (relocation is not provided). About Jewish Family
Service of San DiegoJewish Family Service of San Diego is a
client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a
stronger, more resilient community. For nearly 100 years, Jewish
Family Service has been a trusted resource for the entire
community, offering an array of services that are always
life-changing, and often life-saving. At Jewish Family Service, we
believe our employees are the backbone of our Agency. We strive to
ensure that each employee is treated with dignity and respect. Our
goal is your success. Come work at JFS and be our partner in Moving
Forward Together. To learn more about JFS, please visit jfssd.org.
*Jewish Family Service is an equal opportunity employer. All
applicants will be considered for employment without attention to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, veteran or disability status. - provided by
Keywords: Jewish Family Service of San Diego, San Diego , System Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!