Company: General Atomics
Location: San Diego
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Corporate positions help our company operate at it's maximum
potential while providing the best service to all customers. Our
corporate teams maintain a high level of collaboration across
multiple departments and teams. Corporate roles include Human
Resources, Legal, Information Technology Services (ITS), Accounting
& Finance, and Contracts & Procurement. Job Level: Mid-Level (3-7
years) Travel: 0 - 25 Success Profile What makes a successful
Systems Administrator at General Atomics? Check out the top traits
we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
- Versatile Date posted 02/17/2021 Job ID 30921BR Company General
Atomics Experience Level Mid-Level (3-7 years) Job Title Systems
Administrator City San Diego State California Full-Time/Part-Time
Job Summary General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is
one of the world's leading resources for high-technology systems
development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted
aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic,
wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics is seeking a highly motivated individual with a
background in providing Systems Administration support, with a
solid understanding of DevOps. The IT Systems Administrator will
join the Tier 3 Workspace CORE (Compliance Operations Research &
Engineering) team. This role will be responsible for management and
maintenance of enterprise infrastructure, endpoint & mobility
applications. Working across teams in a collaborative (DevOps)
formation, the IT Systems Administrator will be responsible for
technology advances and direction, while also supporting project
managers and various business towers as a consultant and subject
matter expert for the end-point compute environment. Leveraging
industry best practices, the IT Systems Administrator will
continuously assess and improve enterprise Workspace environments,
by establishing clear roadmaps for architecture changes informed by
both requirements analysis and data-driven reporting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The IT Systems Administrator will be responsible for design,
deployment, and maintenance of enterprise infrastructure, endpoint
& mobility applications in a self-organizing Agile/SCRUM
- Conduct POC testing and production support of virtual and
physical infrastructure to include VMWare, VDI, Azure, etc.
enabling an efficient CI/CD pipeline.
- Responsible for the sustainment, improvement, and upkeep of the
overall compliance posture of the end user computer environment
integrating SecDevOps into CI/CD pipelines for rapid application
- Apply Agile principles to deliver iterative COTS/GOTS
applications while sustaining maintenance of end-point client
- Ensures regulations and policies align to organizational
- Provides visibility of KPI and SLA metrics by implementing
- May function in an advisory role providing direction to
professional or technical staff and may participate with management
in short and long term planning.
- Interacts with all levels of users and analyzes vendor
products, providing recommendations for implementations.
- Troubleshoots and evaluates hardware and software while
coordinating enterprise roll outs, and provides training and
technical documentation to internal users.
- Plans and coordinates day-to-day operation and maintenance of
Workspace client end-points.
- Determines comprehensive solution(s) for unusually complex
- Plans for future Workspace applications or solutions delivery
based on new technology.
- Formulates plans and guides the implementation of system
changes or upgrades including deployment, resource requirements,
testing, documentation, integration and compliance and safety
- Implement, manage, and troubleshoot health monitoring of
servers/applications/endpoints and mobile platforms
- Performs other duties as assigned or required. We recognize and
appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse
backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in information
technology or a related discipline and six or more years of
progressive professional systems administration experience in an
information technology department. May substitute equivalent
working experience in the field in lieu of education.
- Must have project leadership skills including collaborating,
organizing, scheduling, conducting, and coordinating work
assignments to meet project milestones or established completion
- Strong experience with Active Directory, Group Policy, SCCM, SC
Orchestrator and SQL Server with ability to troubleshoot these
components to resolve enterprise challenges.
- Strong experience with data analysis and reporting.
- Strong experience with PowerShell, VBScript, Batch and other
- Strong experience with deploying applications leveraging
SCCM/Scripting languages, MDM, and administering SaaS
- Strong experience with Systems architecture incorporating
- Experience or understanding of virtualization and cloud
technologies (I.e. VMWare, Azure, AWS - GovCloud, Open shift,
- Strong experience in applying application and security patches
to servers/endpoints using SecDevOps.
- Experience with RHEL and/or CentOS, MacOS, iOS.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, etc.
- Strong understanding of Agile methodology -
- Experience or understanding of DevOps tools (Jira, Jenkins,
Wiki, Git, BitBucket, Ansible, Puppet, etc.).
- Strong understanding with providing Tier 3 Operations Support
- Strong understanding of ITAR/DFAR compliance applicable to DISA
security standards & STIGs implementation.
- Experienced in modifying COTS/GOTS applications to fit the
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to self-prioritize depending upon needs of
- US Citizenship is required. Preferred Technical Knowledge
- Windows 10, Server 2012/2016/2019
- RHEL / CENTOS
- System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- InTune / Workspace1
- PowerShell / Active Directory
- VMWare, TerraForm
- Azure, AWS
- JAMF / MobileIron / Other MDM
- Cisco AnyConnect VPN
- PXE-Booting and Kickstart configurations
- Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- GIT source control
- Spacewalk / Foreman
- Security+ certification
- IAT Level II certification is a plus Travel Percentage Required
0 - 25 Relocation Assistance Provided No US Citizenship Required?
Yes Clearance Required? No "General Atomics is a company that has
provided amazing career opportunities. There is no limit to where
you can go in this company." - Shalena, Lead Talent Acquisition
Specialist "I consider myself an effective leader and manager who
also cares about his team. I strive to support my team so they can
ensure we are taking care of our customers." Get General Atomics
job alerts delivered right to your inbox. Be among the first to get
the latest career news, hiring events and other information helpful
to your professional goals. General Atomics is committed to hiring
and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and will consider all
qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, religious creed, ancestry, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual
orientation, transitioning status, gender identity, gender
expression, national origin, age, genetic information, military and
veteran status, marital status, medical condition, mental
disability, physical disability, or any other basis protected by
local, state, or federal law. EEO is the law. We also prohibit
compensation discrimination under all applicable laws. To learn
more click here . U.S. Citizenship is required for certain
positions. We endeavor to make the online job application process
accessible to any and all users. If you have a disability that
impacts your ability to complete the job application process and
would like to request assistance or a reasonable accommodation,
please contact (858) 455-4545, or click here . This contact
information is for accommodation requests only, not to inquire
about the status of applications. If you experience issues with the
career site or would like to provide feedback, contact us at:
Keywords: General Atomics, San Diego , Systems Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!