Senior Software Engineer (Lead, Robotic Applications
Company: Brain Corporation
Location: San Diego
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Senior Software Engineer (Lead, Robotic Applications) Brain Corp
is a San Diego-based AI company creating transformative core
technology for the robotics industry. Our diverse engineering teams
in Software, Hardware Design, and Embedded Systems are creating
comprehensive solutions to support the builders of today's
autonomous machines in successfully producing, deploying, and
supporting commercial robots across industries and applications.
Brain Corp is funded by the SoftBank Vision Fund and Qualcomm
Ventures. For more information please visit:
https://www.braincorp.com/ Position Summary:As a member of the
Software Engineering team, the Senior Software Engineerwill be a
team leader and will get the chance to lead a top engineering team
to build products leveraging our BrainOS platform. While this job
is highly technical, and being a top code-contributor is expected,
there are many other tasks that will fall on you as well; running
sprint planning meetings, driving discussions to action plans with
other teams: firmware, hardware, QA, program and product
management, field support. This allows you to not only contribute,
but also steer the direction of the project.Duties and
- Develop and contribute to code.
- Add comprehensive automated testing to ensure quality and
- Provide technical leadership and drive best practices for code
development, review, testing, and deployment that will ensure high
quality releases to production.
- Help resolve production and customers issues and engineer
long-term solutions through triage and root cause analysis and data
- Lead day-to-day management of the software team including
stand-ups and project prioritization
- Facilitate and run sprint planning activities.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Program Managers to
ensure prioritization and focus on deliverables and timelines.
- Articulate high-level technical strategies and product vision;
encourage and facilitate technical discussions, ensure deadlines
are met and drive our product forward.
- Coaching and career development for new and existing
- Other duties and projects as assigned.What you need:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or applicable engineering
- 5-8 years of demonstrated experience in software development
for complex function-based software that interacts with sensor
inputs, control loops and redundancy.
- 2+ years of Software Leadership experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency with C++ and/or Python production
- Demonstrated experience leading, mentoring and developing
mid-size software engineering teams in a fast-paced
- Delivered complete software products that meet rigorous
functional safety-critical requirements.
- Demonstrated experience leading agile (scrum) development teams
and tailoring processes to maximize team's productivity and
- Excellent technical and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.Things that make a difference:
- Experience in autonomous vehicles, robotics, or related
- Experience with robotic motion planning, perception, or
SLAMPhysical Demands:The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential
functions may require maintaining the physical condition necessary
for sitting, walking or standing for periods of time; operating a
computer and keyboard; talk and hear at normal room levels; using
hands to finger, and grasp; repetitive motion; close visual acuity
to prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribing; viewing a
computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving
small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines; use of
measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at
distances close to the eyes; push or pull up to 10 pounds.Work
Environment:The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work
environment is usually quiet to moderate. Employee is exposed to
the typical office environment with computers, printers and
telephones. Back to jobs Sign up now for Brain Corp news and
Keywords: Brain Corporation, San Diego , Senior Software Engineer (Lead, Robotic Applications, IT / Software / Systems , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!