Sr. Software Engineer (Remote)
Location: San Diego
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Axiom Cloud is at a critical moment: our customers include
several major North American grocery chains, and we are on track to
deploy our solution at our 100th customer site in the coming
It's now a key challenge to build more value-generating features in
our products with the quality that our customers demand as we scale
up. We are therefore seeking a Sr Software Engineer who will be a
critical driver of designing, implementing, and delivering those
features. You will directly contribute to solving the hardest
technical challenges we face, which are incredibly unique and
varied at this intersection of mission-critical equipment,
cloud-native apps, predictive maintenance, and energy
What You'll Do
You will work directly with the CTO and the software team on the
following strategic initiatives:
- Build, improve, and maintain an ecosystem of software services
and APIs designed to manage a fleet of flexible, intelligent, and
resilient assets from the cloud to the IoT edge.
- Closely collaborate with hardware, controls, modeling, and data
science team members to solve real-world engineering
- Engineer reliability and scale into our upcoming multi-tenant
microservices stack, moving us from handfuls to thousands of
- Improve internal tooling and documentation to make the
development process more accessible to new engineers.
- Effectively navigate application deployment in a cloud-based
- Provide guidance, pairing, and mentorship to our software
engineers to support their growth and vastly improve our team
- Make insightful contributions to regular code reviews with the
team to facilitate quality control and allow team members to
- Reduce tech debt by both addressing shortcuts in existing code
and minimizing the creation of new shortcuts in feature
- Enable an efficient, rapid development process that is
streamlined, repeatable, and accessible to new developers.
- Demonstrate your extensive Agile experience by scoping and
efficiently executing tasks.
Who You Are
- Bachelors in computer science, engineering, or similar
discipline (or equivalent).
- 5+ years developing professional-grade software via
professional experiences, personal projects, coding communities,
- Excellent software design instinct; you should be comfortable
working in multiple paradigms, particularly object-oriented and
- Motivated to contribute at all levels, from strategy and design
to coding, testing, troubleshooting, and operation, to a wide
variety of software projects, including mission-critical
commercial/industrial fleet control that employs IoT, ML,
industrial control, creative data analysis, and internal/external
- Able to learn new technologies and development methodologies
- An enthusiastic self-starter who can work with minimal
supervision and generates innovative solutions to tough
- Passionate about technology innovation, technical management,
product development, and commercial/industrial SaaS.
- Python 3.x
- git / GitHub
- Docker (containers, compose, orchestration, etc.)
- Linux / bash
- Application development for microservices architecture
- REST API design and documentation
- Python unit and functional testing frameworks
- Agile software development (we use Scrum)
Nice To Have Skills/technologies
- Development for Kubernetes
- AWS application development and troubleshooting
- Testing frameworks (TDD)
- CI/CD workflows (CircleCI, etc)
- Databases / storage: Timeseries (influxdb), noSQL (mongoDB,
etc), object storage (S3), graph databases (neo4j, etc)
- GraphQL design and documentation
- Kubernetes management
- AWS application development with a focus on security
- Other AWS Well-Architected Pillars: operational excellence,
reliability, efficiency, cost
- Web service software development; profiling & refactoring
- AWS IoT frameworks (IoT Core)
- Data processing, modeling, and analytics tools (Pandas, Numpy,
SciPy, Matplotlib, SageMaker, Grafana, Jupyter notebooks)
What You Get
- Compensation in competitive base salary and equity.
- "Honor system" PTO policy (no specified limits), flexible work
schedule, flexible maternity/paternity leave.
- Numerous social activities including team happy hours,
barbecues, holiday parties, and an annual Halloween costume
competition. (Note: we are currently generating a path forward for
The Fine Print
- We're a startup. The work is demanding, but we'll make every
effort to find an arrangement that works.
- Occasional on-call rotation.
- This position is fully remote, with working hours generally
aligned to Pacific time.
Keywords: funded.club, San Diego , Sr. Software Engineer (Remote), IT / Software / Systems , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!